35: delirious

Flashback: June 26, 2011

Light.
The opposite of dark.
Fire.
The result of a spark.
You.
The opposite of me.
Us.
Without U, is empty.

Andy taps her pen against her notebook, her eyebrows furrowed as she is lost in deep thought. A look of seriousness written over her face as she simply couldn't bring herself to add more to what she was writing.

"It's a poem..."

She trailed off, thinking to herself.

That's exactly why she couldn't think of anything else to write. It wasn't because she had no ideas, but because the song wasn't intended to become that. It was a poem. Nothing more than that.

She'd thought of it this morning. It was perfect as is. She would leave it alone and at that. A poem.

Although she was slightly disappointed that those words didn't become what she wanted them to, she was still proud of the piece. It wasn't meant to be lyrics and she was okay with that.

She closed her notebook, her pen still inside the fold to keep its place. Stretching her arms and legs out, a yawn came from her mouth.

It had to have been about 5am. It hadn't been very long ago that she was on stage with Prince and the NPG doing a one-off show at the Métropolis in front of a crowd of 2,000.

They went on around 11:55pm although the set start time was supposed to be 11:30

They went on around 11:55pm although the set start time was supposed to be 11:30. But whenever the big man was ready to take the stage was when the show started. Nothing else mattered. The show started when Prince decided.

Not like the time difference was a big deal. 25 minutes wasn't much and it didn't take away from the 210-minute performance which consisted of almost six encores. The crowd stayed no matter what. They wanted to see him. They made sure of it.

Andy preferred the smaller crowds and venues. She loved how much more intimate it was. Although Prince could make any venue or arena seem intimate.

The first show she did with him, May 11th, there was only 350 people and it was at the Troubadour in Hollywood. She enjoyed that. Small crowd, small set list.

Before she played with Prince, she'd done shows with that capacity and she was used to it.

But the crowds grew more and more.

May 28th, at the Forum in Inglewood, she took the stage with him and the band in front of a crowd of over 17,000+ people. Even though it was only for two songs and towards the end of the night, it instilled her with such a strong intimidation.