10: zürich

August 17, 2011

Today was the last day of touring.
After leaving Ireland, they traveled to Norway and played both shows there. They raised awareness of violence, and not just what happened there but around the world.

It was beautiful, both shows.
They played for three hours both nights, and Prince ended the shows by addressing Love4OneAnother and to do that no matter what.
There was so much adornment and love there, no signs of fear or hate.

The funds raised for Oslo and Utøya came out to a little over two million. Prince donated it and also secretly added another three million to the total.

He hadn't told anyone about it, of course, because he'd purely done it out of the kindness of his heart and he also did it anonymously.

Andy was aware of the two million being donated, but Prince didn't tell her about the rest. Also, little did he know, Andy withheld something from him too.

The first check Prince gave her, at the start of the tour in advance, she donated that as well. It was only three thousand dollars, but it made a difference.

He told her she could do whatever she wanted with it and she did.

After both shows in Norway, they went to Denmark.

Denmark was Ida's favorite, because she was born and grew up there.
So, when it came down to sight-seeing, she recommended quite a few and the best places for Prince and Andy to go.

They played two shows and two afterparties there. Then, they were off to Hungary, Sweden, and finally Switzerland. They were playing a show in Zürich.

At soundcheck, Prince had the band learn a new song at last minute. Luckily, Andy didn't have to learn anything too upscale, just a new guitar riff.

The song was one of his classics, Diamonds And Pearls, from his 1991 album of the same name. Andy was only three years old at the time of its release but she recalled it being a small part of her childhood, and she was kind of familiar with it.

Prince's music didn't necessarily play an essential role in her life growing up, but she knew who he was and knew his hits such as that one.

But albums like Crystal Ball, and songs like Dolphin, she would need to be educated on. However, now wasn't the right time. She needed to work on her riff, and all of that would come later.

Prince eases up behind Andy as she is practicing her guitar. She is so focused that she doesn't even hear him humming as he approaches.
It is when he sticks a random orchid flower into her hair, that she realizes he'd arrived to the venue - finally.

"You're late." Andy puts her hand on her hip, sounding and looking authoritative towards him. She was trying to mock him, it was the same way he'd tell her when she came late.

He rolls his eyes once he realizes what she's doing.
"Well, for your information, the party last night tired me out."

"I'm glad I didn't go." Andy pushes a button on her pedalboard, turning her guitar off.
"I got plenty of sleep, unlike you."

"You're such a homebody."

"I guess I am. I just prefer movies and popcorn over alcohol and loud music." Prince watches as she takes off her guitar, and walks over to sit it next to his against the wall and cradled by a gear stand.