13: push

September 12, 2011

"What time should I pick you up in the morning?"

Andy neatly folded one of her tunic tops before tidily placing it into her suitcase amongst her other clothes. With a smile she turned around to face her laptop, which had been sitting behind her on the nightstand.

Prince's face was on the screen, he was watching and talking to her as she took stuff out of her closet.

They had been Skyping whilst Andy packed, and she needed a bit of advice on what to wear in Minnesota, especially since it was fall.

Minnesota was far colder than California. She needed to be prepared for any curveballs the weather threw at her.

Though it seemed it was actually time to pull out all of her winter clothes because after Minnesota, they'd be going to New York on the 8th.

It could be pretty chilly there, and of course Canada was cold. In Canada, the fall was basically a pre-winter. At least that's what her brother said.

"My flight lands at 10:27," Andy informed him as she kneeled in front of the computer.

"I'm two hours ahead, so you'll be landing at 12:27. I'll be waiting outside by noon just in case you land earlier than that. Also, wear something comfortable and warm, it's been raining here a lot. I'm sure it will be when you land."

"Check."

Andy pretended to add something to a fake list causing Prince to laugh at her silliness.
She giggled along with him.

Once their laughter died down, Andy proceeded to shuffle through her closet for more clothes to add to her suitcase.

"Oh, and bring a pair of white heels. You'll need them for the performance in New York," Prince tells her, scooting closer to his laptop. This time, he wasn't in his office while Skyping her.

He was lying on his bed, in silk black pajamas.

"Ooh la, la... is there a dress code? Do I need to wear all white?"

"Not exactly. But you will be wearing all white. I already have an outfit for you picked out."

Andy squinted, narrowing her eyes at Prince. This all sounded a little suspicious to her.
Whenever he was being so practical like this, it meant that there was either a catch or something he was trying to hide from her.

This performance didn't sound like any one-off show.

It sounded like an event, like it could be a wedding or something.

She was curious.

"Why you looking at me like that?" Prince chuckled nervously as he sat up from leaning onto his elbow.

"If I didn't know better, I think you're not telling me something..."

"How do you know me so well, woman?"
He purses his lips together, shaking his head ashamedly as he exhaled deeply.
"I was gonna wait to surprise-- tell you. But if you really wanna know-"