33: love rollercoaster

Flashback: June 30, 2011

"Andy, Prince isn't going to be happy about this."

"He told me I could tell him anything. So, tell him I want to go home." Andy pulled the covers over her head once again.

Kiran crossed her arms in vexation. She was getting pretty exhausted and annoyed with having to deal with Andy's little fit.

Today was the first stop of the Welcome 2 Europe tour. Prince decided to kick it off in France, playing at the Stade De France.

Already, Andy had performed a total of seven shows so far with the New Power Generation. But those venues were small -- well, not small but she had no problem playing at each one because she was used to crowds being those sizes when she was solo.

However today, they would be playing a crowd of over 55,000.

When Andy read the capacity amount, she told Prince that she was nervous and didn't want to get on stage.

At the beginning of the tour, he gave her that option. She could simply come to him if she didn't want to perform on certain nights, he felt it would make it easier on her since she was still relatively new to this.

But when she told him this last night, Prince thought she was kidding. He realized she wasn't when she didn't show up to soundcheck this morning so he sent Kiran up to her suite to try and talk her out of it.

Kiran wasn't being gentle at all either.
Instead of motivating Andy, she made her feel much worse.

"Fine, be that way. I don't know why Prince bothered bringing you on tour!" Kiran shouted over her shoulder as she walked hastily out of the room.

Andy heard her footsteps retreat and the door open and close. When everything fell silent, she knew that she was alone again.

Raising the covers from over her head, she turned onto her left side, facing the balcony doors whose white curtains allowed the morning sun to filter into the room.

She yawned, the glow causing her eyelids to flutter and squint at the light. She'd been in the dark up until Kiran came in.

One of the ways she tried to wake and get Andy up was by opening the curtains to let the sunlight in. Of course, it didn't work at all.

Nothing was going to get her out of bed.
Her extreme anxiety and stage freight weren't gonna let that happen.

Andy rubbed her tired eyes and refocused her vision on the balcony window, looking outside.

It was a beautiful day today.
Well, it was France -- even if the sun hadn't come out and it was gloomy or rainy, it would still be lovely.

A knock sounded at the door.
Unlike Kiran's, it was gentle and rhythmic almost as if the person on the opposite side were knocking on the door of a room full of sleeping bulldogs.

"Come in!" Andy shouted apathetically.

She hears the door outside of her room open and close again followed by the soft clicking of heels with every step they took.

TIME || Prince & Andy Alloजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें