18: yellow gold

September 29, 2011

It had been two weeks since Prince had put a stop to his and Andy's short-lived infatuation.

Every single day after that was spent platonically.

Andy would come to Paisley Park in the mornings, they'd work on some music together and she'd leave late at night.

They started working on an album together -- that would eventually become Andy's sophomore album.

They had completed two songs so far.

Nothing More and another song which Andy had written in February, before she'd met him, and got to perform a few times on tour in Europe.

That one was called People Pleaser.

Prince arranged a horn section for it and the song became a funk number instead of an acoustic song, which Andy had originally wanted it to be.

Prince even got Maceo Parker and Trombone Shorty to be apart of the project, and once it was done and recorded, he asked them to remain in contact because they'd probably work on future projects together.

It was a song about growing up and not waiting around for people who didn't care much for her, and becoming independent. And if she do say so herself, she was glad she'd written it.

Especially now.

Currently, Andy was writing a song in her notebook.

She was hanging in Studio C, sitting down behind the drum set as Prince stood a few feet away from her, tuning his acoustic guitar.

The song she was working on had a chorus that she'd thought of and written in March, but since then, she was unable to put verses to it.

It was completely random, but she had some inspiration and was working to finish it right now but nothing came to mind.

Unable to think of anything, she tapped the end of her pen against her notebook paper.

She began rereading the chorus over and over again.

Prince began playing his guitar, strumming it lightly. She focused her attention on Prince, glancing over to him for a split second.

Prince looked at her too.

Both of them looked down at the same time.