7: when we're dancing close and slow

July 10, 2011

"When we're kissing..." Andy stepped up to the mic by Prince's command and began to sing softly.
"Long and hard..."

A breeze blew through her hair.
Raspy was her tone, but it added an extra smokiness to her gentle voice.
Andy smiled shyly as the crowd began to whistle and cheer for her.

"I can almost taste the thoughts within your mind..."

She adjusted her guitar strap.
Prince stepped back into the shadows, watching her as he serenaded her with his guitar.

"A million crazy fantasies is all that my mind can see." Andy touched her hair, sliding her hand through her curls.

Prince began to walk around her, his eyes narrowed on her back, his smile seemingly becoming mischievous.

Andy wrapped her hand around the mic, and slowly slid it down the microphone pole.

Soon it was a smirk.
The right corners of his lips curved upwards.

"Baby, that's honestly the way I feel."

Even the audience could see that he liked what he saw and was hearing.
They too, loved Andy's poignant touch on one of his first ever classics.

Oh yes, in the moment, Prince liked where he was very much.
He wouldn't change a thing.
He'd stay right where he was forever if he could.

Andy switched places with him.

She went to the back and began to strum her guitar to the music. The salacious atmosphere felt too perfect to her.

"When we're dancing..." Prince started to sing. He swayed to the side, obviously feeling himself and the song. Perhaps, he was feeling himself in the song. "Close and slow."

Prince's voice exceeded in falsetto.

Andy loved when he sung that way.

It was flawless.
Especially now, it was so pure and fitting for this moment.
She had yet to hear his voice crack or hear him hit the wrong note.

And it was so amazing to her, that his voice was so deep when he spoke, but his vocal range was out of this world when he sang.

It was definitely and so criminally underrated, she thought.

"I'm not afraid to let my feelings show." Prince glanced to her before partaking in a short solo.

It was almost like he'd sing, then he'd ask his guitar for feedback, and with his hands, it delivered.

It was such a beautiful thing to watch and see.

And Andy - she got the best seat in the house every night.

She got to witness it all go down right in front of her.

"I want to be inside of you. I want to hold you all night when we're through. Can't you feel my love in you?"