11: i want love

August 18, 2011

Andy was glad to be home.

Although she missed staying in luxurious hotels and traveling across Europe, it was just nice to be back in the comfort of her own apartment.

After a while of being away, you start to miss the little things. For Andy it was the sound of her coffee maker, the memory foam in her bed, and the noises from the street outside her window.

Usually, she disliked the sounds of cars honking on the streets below, and the constant tumultuous chatter from pedestrians and window shops below, but something about it today brought a smile to her face.

As soon as she entered her apartment, she left all four of her suitcases by the door, and dropped her purse on the couch.

She was eager to jump into her bed, just to feel how really good it was to be back.

Andy hadn't been home since Prince had asked her to go on tour with him. She only came back to park her car and pack her bags.

That was four months ago.

Andy kicked off her sandals before entering her bedroom. It was still a bit messy, just like the way she'd left it but regardless, she just missed it.

Although clothes were scattered and the comforter on her bed was rumpled, the sight of her bedroom brought her a sense of relief and peace.

She collapsed onto it, closing her eyes for a mere second before her phone vibrated in her pocket. At first she ignored it, but once it began to repeatedly vibrate rapidly, she sat up and retrieved it.

She had gotten a text from Keziah.
Keziah Okonkwo was one of her friends whom she had met in college, and had taken classes with. They became pretty close, and naturally grew to be best friends and remained that way through their separate journeys. Andy embarking on a musical career, and Keziah being a successful entrepreneur.

Whenever they talked, Andy would tell her everything and Keziah would do the same. However lately, they haven't been in touch.

Because of Andy traveling with Prince, and Keziah traveling to promote her new product, they've been so busy.

But it was alright.
Whenever gaps like this happened, they caught up and conversed like they'd never stopped talking.

And like there was no tomorrow.

Andy was so busy that Keziah learned through Facebook that Andy was touring with Prince, to which she texted Andy about it to congratulate her. She felt bad that Keziah wasn't one of the first people she told, but she did thank her and also ask how she was doing.

Keziah didn't respond since, but it was okay. Andy assumed and figured that she was busy.

Keziah: Can I borrow your black boots?

Andy was a little disappointed that Keziah had texted her to ask a favor rather than to talk, but she brushed it off, figuring that eventually they could sit down and have lunch together. After all, Keziah knew that Andy was back in Sacramento as she had posted about it as soon as she landed on social media.