16: oui can luv

Andy had just woken up.

She had received a few texts from Keziah, who was watching her house while she was away, saying that she had picked up the mail and Andy had gotten a letter back from her father.

It was a note and a invitation, inviting Andy to his wedding to his new fiancée in May.
He also wanted to ask how she was doing and why she hadn't come to see him at all.

Honestly, Andy felt like the whole remarriage thing was rushed. Her father and mother had split years ago, but she still felt like it was too soon. She hadn't even met her father's girlfriend yet.

But whatever made her father happy.

She texted Keziah back, thanking her for letting her know and also that she would email him soon.

After she had exited her messages and powered her phone off, she got an incoming call by none other than Prince, of course.

Andy waited until the third ring to answer it. She didn't want him to think that she was awake and awaiting his call. He told her before he dropped her off last night that he would be calling her in the morning.

She put on her best sleepy voice and put it to her ear.

"Hello?"

"I know you ain't sleep."

Andy clicks her tongue.
"What do you want?"

"I wanted to know if you were up to go guitar hunting with me. I know you said you wanted to switch to steel string instead of nylon on acoustic. Plus, I want to get a new electric guitar."
Andy couldn't turn his offer down.
She had left her acoustic guitar at home for two reasons, one of her strings had broke and she thought she wouldn't need it anyways.

Plus, she wanted to get a guitar with steel strings. She had made it far from being a beginner and she had now been playing acoustically for almost 4 years - it was time to switch.

"Sure," Andy accepted, her voice sing-songy as she sat up in bed.

"Cool, I'm already outside."

Andy cocked an eyebrow and got up to go to the window, and sure enough, Prince's truck was parked outside of her hotel.

She laughed, holding the phone to her ear with her shoulder.

"Can you come up here for a hot minute? I want to show you something."
Andy smiled mischievously to herself.

What she was about to do, she had been planning all night.

"What is it?"
Prince was curious.

"Just come up here. Room 128, make it fast."

Prince had started to respond, but Andy hung up on him, leaving him with no choice but to do as he was told.
Andy picked up her smaller suitcase and rushed into the bathroom.

Prince had no clue what she was up to and why she was being so suspicious to him, but he wasn't going to sit in his car and wonder about it.
He turned the engine off and got out, putting his phone and keys into his pockets and went inside.