19: playtime

The following day, Andy woke up and went straight to Paisley Park.

She wanted to work on her new song, but she had to get there early to do so. She'd be leaving at 6pm again, just like yesterday, because she was going on another date with Adrian.

She actually liked him a lot.
She hadn't intended on that, but it happened.

Last night after their date, Andy told Adrian that she had a great time and would love to do it again.
Immediately after that, he was already planning another one.

And they ended the night with a kiss.

Not a kiss on the lips, but on the cheek.
Andy thought it was sweet and she couldn't stop thinking about him.
It was kinda bad though, when she was also thinking about Prince and how they ran into each other.

Amongst those thoughts, she was thinking of him period. Which she shouldn't.
She vowed that she was going to stop thinking about him since he was never thinking about her.

He acted almost as if he didn't care about her actually.

Therefore, she would have that same mindset towards him.

When she got to Paisley, the doors were locked and the lights inside of the atrium were off. She knocked a few times, tried calling Prince and texting him but to no avail.

Was he really doing this right now?

Andy began to wonder whether Prince was doing this on purpose or not, in spite of her date last night. She knew that Prince was smart and could be vindictive when he wanted, but now was not the time.

He'd caused this entire situation on his own.
She wasn't going to sit around and be his puppet.

She had a life of her own to live.

She was still so young and had so much ahead of her.

Andy dialed him again, but midway through ringing, she saw Prince appear through the glass. He was barefoot, wearing pajamas and looked tired.

He yawned as he unlocked the doors for her to come inside.
It was nearly two o'clock in the afternoon, why was he just waking up?

"I'm sorry... I overslept. I'm hungover and I don't feel like working today."

"That's cool. You can get your rest and I'll work by myself. I know how to produce, I've done it before."

"Yeah, I know that."
Prince was already prepared for her to put up a fuss. He knew that the only way out of this was to just go along with it.

He had no choice but to just work with her instead of trying to avoid her.

Although he really was tired and rather go back to sleep. His head was pounding from drinking so much last night. He didn't drink a lot, just more than he should've.

He sighed heavily and motioned for Andy to follow him. She adjusted the strap of her messenger bag over her shoulder and followed shortly behind him as they headed to the studio.

Prince turned on the lights, left her in there to get started and told her that he was going to go upstairs and get dressed.