4: so far, so pleased

May 28, 2011

It had been a few weeks.

Since they talked and jammed at the party, Prince and Andy's connection grew through music.

They became instant best friends, and just like that they were already comfortable with each other.

Andy would sit down and show Prince some of her songs, and some that she's started on but became stuck midway.

He'd run off with her notebook and come back minutes later, and the song would be finished.

It was a running thing between them.

And some of the songs that Andy already had finished, Prince would tell her to push them further.

"What else can you add to the story?" He'd ask.

He wanted to push her to the limit, and for her to succeed.

From then on, she looked at her song-writing differently.

It was never enough, and with Prince's input lingering in the back of her mind, she always added lyrics.

Eventually it'd become a beautiful piece of music.

Then she'd present the final product to Prince, and they'd jam on their acoustic guitars and create a melody for it.

Poetry and storytelling, was what she and Prince both had in common.
It was almost like they were a musical match made in heaven.

Currently, Prince was on his second to last show of his 21-nite stand at the forum. Prince invited her to every single show, had Elrick move her from the hotel close to the arena to a luxury hotel near his house, and extended her V.I.P ticket.

She'd come over and they'd drive to the arena together, with a few other of his band members.

Andy was enjoying it too.

Every night he played different sets of songs, and some songs were the same. She never got tired of it and she finally learned the lyrics to most of them without having to use the monitor anymore.

While Prince would be on stage, he would always look out for her, and see her in the same place as always.

Meanwhile, the troubles going on between Andy and her boyfriend only seemed to get worse.

Andy explained to him over the phone that she recently got the opportunity to meet Prince.

Of course that kind of put him on edge, given Prince's history with women and his over-lapping timeline which was free for the public to look at on Google.

So over the past 5 weeks, they spoke, but barely. Andy was mostly focused on her music, and working on what could possibly become an album.

Jay wanted to save his relationship and he couldn't do that with the huge distance between him and Andy.

So finally, he asked Andy to get him a ticket.