9: berlin

July 29, 2011

Last night's show in Cologne, Germany was only 90 minutes long. It was a vast decrease in stage time for them, because usually shows lasted way longer than that. Sometimes up to 4 hours, if there was no set limit.

As long as they had songs that they'd already rehearsed, Prince would keep them going and they'd have to be ready in case he changed the setlist or aborted a song.

And since the show was so short, Prince told Andy that she didn't have to play her guitar. She could just work the drumpad, tambourine, or just sit on top of the piano the entire time if she wanted.
The latter was her choice, and she also helped on backup vocals too.

Despite the duration not being long at all, they all went back to their hotel and slept. It was the first time they'd actually gotten a full night's sleep since the tour started. They took advantage of knowing that they had a break, and they could wake up whenever they wanted the following day.

It started at 8:00, and ended right at 9:30. They got back to their hotel around 10:45. Prince didn't even make them review the show footage because it wasn't long.

So when they got into their rooms, it was lights out immediately.

Andy woke up around noon the following day, to the sun peeking through the drapes beside her bed.
It felt so good to sleep in for once.
The bed was like a cloud -- one big fluffy cloud.
The sheets were nice and thick, the comforters were soft and the pillows were too.

Germany had the best hospitality.

She pondered the room as she sat up and outstretched her arms with a small yawn.

Her phone, that had been sitting on the nightstand, vibrated. Instantly, her attention shifted and she picked it up to check it.

Prince: Coffee?

Andy smiled upon seeing his name come up across the screen and unlocked her phone to text him back.

Andy: Sure

She added a red heart and tapped send. Within a minute, he replied.

Andy giggled at his amazing timing

Andy giggled at his amazing timing. Not only had he texted her for coffee as soon as she woke up, but he texted back pretty quickly too. She was surprised how tech-savvy he was for his age.

Her fingers hovered over the keyboard, as she contemplated. She wanted to tell him to take his time so that she could get dressed.