two

b.b

   Two months ago

"Okay Miles it's your go," Bianca Blackwell said, sitting around the Lennox's coffee table. Miles flicked the spinner and it landed on nine. He moved his blue plastic car on the game, of LIFE.

"Another kid," Miles laughed when he landed on the "baby boy" space. He pinched a tiny human, blue figure and poked it into the car that was all filled.

"Oh wow, you and Alya have four children," Bianca commented. "Is that how much you want in real life?"

"Shut up," Miles said. "It's your turn."

Bianca laughed. She loved teasing her best friend, Miles Lennox about his girlfriend Alya Kendrick ever since they made up and got back together in sophomore year. Those two were the strongest couple she had ever known and she hoped for them to marry someday.

Miles and Alya's relationship was one she dreamed of having. They had gone through rough patches along the way, but they got through them. She admired Miles for his understanding when Alya needed space in freshman year and how strong he was when she left for Da Boheme.

"Hey, you never told me who your person is," Miles said.

"What do you mean?" Bianca asked, even though she knew clearly what he was talking about.

"Who you 'married' in the game," Miles said.

"Oh that. It's nobody."

"Are you sure it's not, you know who?" Miles raised his eyebrows.

"Who?"

Miles smiled. "You know who."

Bianca grabbed a hand full of fake money and threw it at his face.

"Stop it Miles!"

"Stop what?" he asked, as he gathered the money. "Stop reminding you of the one guy you've liked for two years?"

"No," she defended, arms crossed firmly. "It's actually been three and a half years."

"Really? You still like him even after all that happened?"

"I was the jerk Miles and yes I do still like him. He's the greatest guy ever. He's so talented, sweet and caring. All these years I blamed him for what happened, but it's really me who needed to change."

"So what really did happen?" Miles wondered.

"You mean you don't remember? I thought I told you?"

"I kind of forgot. You know how my meds are, they make me lose it."

Bianca sighed and put her hands on her face. "I really don't feel like talking about it. I'm kind of trying to erase that time from my memory."

"I'm sorry. Was it that bad?"

"I disappointed him Miles! He was disappointed in me and I was so hurt because I swore he liked me back and I was dead wrong."

"Did he ever forgive you?"

Bianca shook her head with tears. Miles stood up to comfort her, but as he stepped around the coffee table, he clutched his heart and crashed to the floor.

"Miles!" Bianca knelt next to her best friend. "Miles, can you hear me?! Miles?!"

She shook his body, but he didn't answer.