twenty four

j+b

     Jax and Bianca look at Alya in the hospital bed and then at their hands again. They let go of each other and both rush up to the bed; completely ignoring Alya's comment.

"How you feelin'?" Bianca asks, stroking Alya's blonde hair.

Jax stares at Bianca without her realizing. He admires the concern and care on her face and reflects on everything they've been through. It's then he knows he wants to be Bianca's girlfriend. And he wants to ask her as soon as possible.

"Thanks for coming to see me," Alya says in a weak, soft voice. "As soon as I got hit by the car, I thought of you guys and I didn't want leave you two alone."

"We're glad you're okay," Jax says, smiling at Alya as he holds her hand.

"Are you guys boyfriend and girlfriend now?" Alya asks innocently.

Jax looks towards Bianca standing on the other side of the bed. They have an intense staring contest. "Well um no," Jax says, eyes locked on Bianca's. Her heart sinks and she looks down.

"Not yet," Jax finishes.

"What do you mean?" Alya asks.

Jax takes a breath. "Because, I haven't asked her yet."

Bianca jerks her head up. "What?" she says, eyes shot wide.

Jax bits his lip. "Bianca, I'm so sorry for how I treated you and I'm sorry for fighting. I one hundred percent forgive you for freshman year. Life has been tough for the both of us these last few months. I know you're hurting and so am I, but I want to be there for you when you are hurting. I've said it before, but it was the wrong time and I hope you don't mind if I say it again...I love you Bianca Blackwell. For the longest time I have. And want you to be my girlfriend."

Alya turns her head in the hospital bed to see Bianca crying all the tears out of her eyes. Then Alya turns her head back to Jax on the other side of the bed to catch his facial expression. He holds his breath, just about to turn red.

"Jackson Gardner," Bianca says, pausing dramatically in between her words. He still holds his breath. "Thank you for never leaving my life. You mean so much to me and I want to be there for you too...so yeah, I'd love to be your girlfriend."

"Awww!" Alya says. "I'm so happy for you guys-ow!" She touches her stomach.

"Woah!" Bianca says. "Calm down girl."

"I can't you two are so cute. I'm so happy you're together." Alya looks at her friends. "Now you have to kiss to make it official."

Jax and Bianca laugh as they shake their heads. "Come on," Alya insists.

"Okay, but don't hurt yourself again," Jax says as he walks to the other side of the bed. He leans in and gives Bianca a short, but sweet kiss just for Alya.

"Yay," Alya cheers. Bianca giggles and Jax holds her hand.

"One last question," Jax says. "For both of you."

"Okay?" Bianca says.

"Promise you two won't leave this earth before I do?" Jax asks.

"Can't guarantee," Bianca says. "But I think fate is on our side."

💕

Later, after visiting Alya in the hospital and knowing she'll survive, Jax drives Bianca to the cemetery. They sit on the grass in front of Miles and Kit's tombstones that are right next to each other. Jax puts his arms around Bianca.

"We miss you guys," he says, brushing a tear away from his face. Bianca leans her head on his shoulder.

"We're finally together. I wish you were here. Alya is in the hospital right now, but she's going to be okay. For a moment I thought she'd get to see you again Miles."

Though crying, Jax smiles. "And thanks for bringing us together."

end

___________________
Thanks for reading this story! Hope you enjoyed. Sorry the ending is kind of lame. Stay tuned for a super cute Jianca short story where a big question is asked!!!