seven

b.b

"So you want to go home? Or stay?" Alya asks Bianca.

"Im going to stay. I need this party," Bianca says.

Alya gives her a comforting smile. "Will you be okay?"

"Of course. If Jax wants to move on, then so will I."

"Are you sure you can do that? Maybe you need to remind me of what happened three years ago so I can help you."

Bianca looks down and shakes her head. "Maybe later."

"Alright. I'm here if you need anything okay?"

Bianca grins slightly. "Yeah okay. Thanks Alya." She leans in and hugs her friend.

"Let's go down stairs and show those people how to party," Bianca says.

"Well said," Alya cheers.

As they walk down stairs, they notice there's no music playing anymore. The room seems dead quiet. Bianca creeps down the stairs and oddly peers around the corner, almost afraid of what she is going to see. But it's just a bunch of teens, standing in an awkward line.

"Why did you guys stop? What happened to the music?" Alya asks walking up to girl at the DJ table.

"We kind of lost the mood to party," Scarlett says. "We were concerned for you Bianca. At least I was."

Bianca moves strands of hair back and smiles at the floor. "That's kind of you Scarlett, but I'm totally fine."

"Good." Scarlett grins. "Cause I wanted to ask you something."

"Sure," Bianca says. Scarlett turns to Alya and she nods.

"Okay guys, you still in the party mood?" Alya asks, pointing to the DJ to begin the music again. Everyone agrees and starts dancing.

"So Bianca," Scarlett says, guiding them to the corner. "I want to ask you something that's a little touchy on the emotions."

"Let me guess, it's about Miles?"

"No." Scarlett hugs her arm as she turns her head away. By her actions, Bianca knows what she means.

"Oh. I see."

"Yeah... I was just wondering. Me and Kit were talking about six months ago, oddly, if something were to ever happen, like I don't know, something unexpected, she'd want someone to replace her as DJ DiamondMind."

"I'm not sure I follow?"

"Well we somehow got into that subject, and Kit knows how loved DJ DiamondMind is by the fans. She wanted someone to take her place to keep the legacy going. But of course not just by anyone. She wanted it to be Jax."

The spit Bianca swallows gets stuck in her throat and she almost chokes. Something about what Scarlett says is sad but also so powerful. Kit chose Jax, to be DJ DiamonMind. She chose him to put on the helmet and tour the world with incredible DJ tracks. Scarlett thinks Jax is capable of creating his own DJ DiamondMind songs.

"I-I'm... I'm not sure what to say. Why did you tell me Scarlett? You're Kit's sister, maybe you should of told Jax."

"I know. But you're closer to him than I am."

"Not anymore," Bianca mutters.

"Well I think you could tell him better than I could."

"Are you sure?"

"Only if you want to you."

Bianca pauses and imagines herself walking up to Jax and telling him what Scarlett requests. She is going to have to face him after their conversation in his car.

"So Jax is going to be DJ DiamondMind?"

➖➖➖

Oh wow. What's going to happen now? How will Jax react to that?