fifteen

b.b

    One week has gone by since Jax kissed Bianca. She thinks about it all week and how she actually does need Jax. As a friend. But Bianca is afraid to confront Jax after she ran away from him. She knows he hates her. She knows she messed up their friendship. But she is hurting. With Miles gone, she's been depressed and Alya's been crying over the loss of her boy friend, they can't talk without bringing Miles up. And when they bring him up, they both end up in tears. Bianca misses the squad being together. Herself, Jax, Alya and Miles.

Bianca walks by herself down the music hall at Keaton with her bag slung over a shoulder and her head tilted down as her mind is pulsing with thoughts. She shuffles slowly to Park's classroom, but within a few feet away from the door, Bianca slams into someone.

"Ow!" Bianca shrieks. She steps back, rubbing her head. It's Jax.

"I'm sorry," he says, also rubbing his head.

"No I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. It's my fault, sorry," Bianca says in a flash. Her head begins to spin, and her body feels shaky. Bianca's legs start wobbling, then she starts falling forward. Jax quickly leans in to catch her fall. His arms wrap around her waist as he lifts her up straight. The moment is all a blur and Bianca's heart pounds so fast, she finds herself inches away from Jax's face and still being held in his comforting arms.

Oh no. Oh no. Bianca breaths heavily. "Uh thanks for saving me from a horrible accident." Bianca tries adding humor to the awkward situation.

"No sweat," Jax says, gently letting go of her.

No don't let go! Bianca yells in her head. A little voice in her head is screaming at her to grab him back.

"I'd better get to class," Jax says, scratching the back of his head which to Bianca always indicated he was nervous. Before Jax is about to walk into Park's classroom, Bianca lightly grabs his arm.

"Wait, Jackson." Bianca's pulls him back, and she still holds his arm. Jax looks at her with intent and care in his brown eyes.

"I know we've been avoiding each other since, you know... the thing last week," Bianca explains. She looks at him for a second, then looks down at her feet. "But I... I need you right now."

Jax's eyes shoot open wide. "As a friend," Bianca quickly remembers to add before it gets more awkward.

Jax's eyes go back to its normal size. He puts his lips together tightly, and nods slowly. Bianca is terrified his answer is going to hurt her.

"I'm sorry I kissed you. I had no right to and it was awkward and weird," Jax speaks. "But um, I've been thinking the same thing."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I need you too. As a friend." Jax gives her small smile.

"Great." Bianca smile and nods. She doesn't know what to do next.

"Great," Jax says back. There's a long pause, until he opens his arms, looking at Bianca with both sadness and comfort. Bianca leans in, wrapping her arms around Jax. And because he can't see her face now, she starts silently crying happy tears. Bianca squeezes Jax against her. The bell rings, but they remain hugging in the hallway.

So we're friends again. Kind of. It's going to be a rough start, but I'm happy. Maybe I can finally move forward.

________________
Thanks for reading! Please let me know what you think and don't forget to vote :) I'd really love that! What's going to happen next! Stay tuned!!