nineteen

b.b

   "I'm done Alya," Bianca says to her friend in her bedroom. Alya looks over from siting at her desk typing on her laptop.

"With what?" Alya asks, her fingers frozen on the keyboard.

Bianca is laying on her back on Alya's bed, staring up at the ceiling. "With Jax," Bianca answers with a big sigh.

"Jax?" Alya questions, quirking a brow. "How come? You two are friends again."

Bianca changes her position so she is sitting up. "Alya, I'm going to admit something."

"Okay...go for it." Alya rolls closer to the bed in her wheeled chair; she leans forward.

Bianca looks at Alya, pausing for almost two minutes. "I sort of, kinda...still like Jax."

Alya opens her mouth slightly but leaves it open. "You mean? Like, like?"

Bianca shakes her head. "Actually no."

"No?"

"It's not like. It's love."

Alya gasps. "No way Bianca! Are you kidding me?! What?! When did this happen?!"

"Shhh Alya! Calm down!" Bianca raises her own voice.

Alya puts her hands to her head. "I can't Bianca! This is huge! This is awesome!"

"No Alya. Please, chill. It's not as great as you think."

"What do you mean?"

Bianca scoots closer. "Jax and I talked yesterday. He did admit he had a crush on me in freshman year, but-"

"But? Oh no. Not but!"

"Alya let me finish." Bianca can't help but laugh. "He had a crush on me, but he told me it was all in the past. Those feelings are gone now and that's why I'm done with him."

"But, you love him right?"

"I do." Bianca begins to tear. "I really do. But I have to let him go okay?"

"No you don't Bianca. You can still be his friend."

"It's hard Alya. To be just friends with him. He means everything to me."

Alya starts crying as well. She leans in to hug Bianca. "I'm sorry you had to lose your best friend and now the boy you are in love with."

Bianca squeezes her wet eyes shut. "Me too Alya. Me too."