Part 3

The house was amazing. It was at least three times bigger than my home. The front door opened into a loft space that served as a kitchen and living room. The style of it all looked as if someone had cut out retro, vintage, and  home-y flairs from a ‘Better Homes’ magazine and collaged them all together. An arched doorway sat right in the center of the back wall; it stretched down a hall that was sided with many doors. A set of sliding glass doors were the first on the left and they led to a gorgeous courtyard that was hidden from the rest of the neighborhood. Matt’s room sat at the dead end of the hallway. Each room seemed extravagant but never overdone. The only guest room was the first door on the right, directly a crossed from the glass doors so every time you stepped out of the room the first thing you saw was the beautiful fauna that shone green and bright in the sun light. There was a bathroom next to the guest room, redwood sliding doors revealed a glowing bathroom. Fogged bay windows rested over an elegant pristine claw foot bath tub. The mirror was lined with faulty aged wood, every single detail of the house seemed to glow.

                I sat, cross-legged, on the floor at the end of the bed. I slowly and quietly finished unpacking my clothes and filling the dresser. I had yet to tell Matt how long I’d really be before I could find new living arrangements. Though for now I just sipped up my bags and stacked them by the door as they were before, hoping matt wouldn’t notice a difference. I traced my fingers along the seam of the last suitcase, my mind still fluttering with worry. This is wrong, horribly wrong, the worst thing I’ve ever done really. This is not just lying, I’m manipulating people. God, how long do I expect this to last? Someone will find out sooner or later, Mom will… or Matt…

                I sighed, then leaned forward and rested my elbows on my knees and my head in my hands. I pulled down the sleeves of my shirt over my hands to cover my eyes that were holding back tears of anxiety, or guilt… or both. Silence filled the house; the only sounds were of my jagged breath. I looked up and out of the window; there wasn’t a single twitch of a leaf, just a glimmer here and there of the sun flickering over glossy greenery. It was soothing, the way it all seemed calm from the inside, no shift… just warmth and life. Suddenly the view was blocked up by a dark blue shadow, no… not a shadow, denim? I looked up at matt who was towered in front of me in the doorway.

“I ordered Chinese,” he spoke softly, I didn’t say anything back, I just looked up and smiled.

(sorry for the short chapter!! will make up for it soon I promise:) thanks for reading!)