Part 18

"Where did I go wrong," my mom whined from the front seat of the car.

"You didn't do anything wrong," my dad reached over and rubbed her shoulder.

I rolled my eyes, this had been going on since 8am, "Nothing happened mom," I rubbed my temples.

"You lied to me and started living with... Him!" She spat, I almost wanted to laugh.

"Mom we didn't even do anything, we only saw each other between our work shifts," I sigh.

"How do I know that's not another lie?" She shot out sharply at me.

"It's not!" I snap. "I wasn't even seeing him!"

"That's not what he said Aurora," my dad cut in.

"Oh my god," I rubbed my temples again... And then an idea hit me. A risky idea, but I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

My mom huffed again and I tried to hold back a smile. "Okay, I wanted to wait a little longer and surprise you but..."

"God, no more surprises," both of my parents huffed.

"I am seeing someone," I say slowly. "Not Matt."

There is a few moments of silence, I see in the passenger side mirror out the window a reflection of something like a smile spreading on my moms face.

"Really...?" she tries to sound in interested, Although I know this game all to well.

"Mhmm, he goes to art school with me... In fact, I can have him meet us for brunch," I checked the time, 10:46.

My mother clearly isn't too good at her poker her face because she clapped her hands together, "Oh goodness that'd be wonderful right now dear."

"Yeah me and your mother thought we may have to adopt out own grand kids!" my dad laughed and mom hit him.

"Haha oh dear you know your father, we'd never say that!" she laughed too loudly and I rubbed my temples.

A month ago I was fine, now I make-out with guys, ages 19-30, yell at adults and lie. Just watch, Next I'll be a narcissist or something.

"Okay dear, call your little friend and have him meet us at that little diner we saw coming in," she rubbed dads shoulder over the console. "Remember that diner we saw?"

"Yes." he nodded.

"Call him hon," she smiled back at me. I never realized hour bipolar this woman is.

I shot Daniel a quick text saying, "Can't explain now, just go with it Please xo"

I dialed the phone, my palms began to sweat, he answered after two rings and I began to worry whether or not he got the text or not. This was a bad, bad idea.

"Honey?" I chirped in my best 'stereotypical girlfriend voice'.

"Rory? What?"

"Hun hey, my parents are in town like we've talked about! They wanna have brunch meet us at the diner on West Avenue, wear that tie we bought on our second date!" I spoke really fast.

"Second date? Tie? What the hell are you-"

"Love you too Dani! Check your texts before you go so your not on your phone, can't have my boy being rude!" I emphasized on 'check your texts'.

"Ohhh," I felt his mind click with the information.

"No you hang up first!" I laugh a bit an click it off.

God, that was awful.

~~~

My dad and Daniel go on forever about everything and my mom squeezes my hand a crossed the table every now and then. It makes me wish that this was how it is. That me and Daniel were together.

After a while he laced his fingers through mine under the table and I smiled at him. This isn't so bad is it? If I have to move out? Daniel looked so beautiful... He always does-

My eyes clicked behind my mother, my breath caught and my throat.

"Honey you look pale? Do you feel alright?" My mom smiled forcefully at me.

I nodded my head and choked out, "I need to use the restroom."

I stood up, too forcefully though, nearly knocking my chair over.

"Okay..." My moms smile grew wider, forced. "Hurry back darling."

I crossed the room and made my way back to the bathroom behind my mother's back.

I stood over the sink, nausea came over me and I wiped my face with cool water, breathing deep. I looked back up to the mirror, I yelled in shock.

Matt's reflection stood behind mine.

"Matt go." I look down, not wanting to see him.

"Aurora..." He took a step forward, and I sucked my breath in. Since what he said last night, it hurt. A lot, I didn't realize until now upon seeing him. Did he really plan to have sex with me? Is that all he's wanted? I felt my eyes grow hot with tears and I willed them to stay back. How could he... How could he let me live with him. I'm 19. How could someone ever... How could he.

"Matt, what could you possible want to do after yesterday, after everything you did and said. What could you POSSIBLY have to do!" I spit, harshly.

"This." He barely whispers before whisking me into his arms like he did just the day before. I push back on him halfheartedly but he's too strong. He forces his lips onto mine and after a few moments I let him. Knowing I'll regret it I let him anyway, let myself melt into his arms. Tilt my head back and let him in. I feel the moment drag on, longer and longer... I pull back.

"Matt I-... We-"

"I'm not going to apologies Aurora, for anything." He says, his eyes growing dark.

"Your drunk," I repeat for the thousandth time upon meeting him.

"I'm not," and I knew he wasn't lying.

"Aurora dear?" My mom knocks at the door and I hear the door handle begin to twist.

"Don't come in!" I shout too quickly.

"What?"

"I mean... I'm coming just give me another moment," I turn to Matt and whisper. "Don't walk out for a few minuets after me."

"You look beautiful," he says too loudly.

"Oh my god, I hate you," I huff and turn around.

"No you don't," he rocks on his heels, hands behind his back.

"Shhh." I step out and force my best smile.

"Darling it's time to go, Daniel was kind enough to offer that you stay with him until... Well..." She lead me back to the table, and Daniel stood there adorable. His K9 teeth shining white as ever, I could fall in love with that boy if only... Well...

I huffed one last time and smiled.

Walking out, back turned to Matt; my hand linked with Daniel's.