Part 29

I had just finished off my first cup off coffee that morning when I was pulling my hair up into a ponytail.

It wasn't very long after I began getting ready that Matt stumbled into the bathroom tiredly.

"Why are you up?" he yawned and leaned against the wall behind me, talking to our reflections in the mirror. "You don't have class until tomorrow, remember silly?"

"I know that Matthew," I sighed as I brushed mascara quickly over my eyelashes. "I'm going to interview for a job.

"You don't need a job," he scoffed. "You have me."

"Stacey says I need a bit of a distraction," I chuckled as I began to apply the mascara to my left eye. "She said it'd be healthier, and good to make my own money aswell." I looked at myself in the mirror, huffed, and pulled out the ponytail. "I should be capable of being independent, can't depend on you forever."

He took a step closer, his voice dropped a bit lower, "Yes, you can."

I swallowed and asserted my focus into redoing my ponytail, don't let him distract you.

"I want to get a job Matt."

"But you don't need-"

"I want to." I cut him off and looked into his eyes.

We were silent for a moment. Yet again I began to pull the hair tie out of my hair in frustration.

"Here," he stepped closer and took the tie from my fingers. I was reluctant but I handed it over.

He stood behind me, I could feel the heat flowing off of his body. I swallowed hard and looked into the mirror. I looked at him.

God, he was brilliant.

He was focused as he swept up my curls and pulled them back to the crown of my head. Ever so gently he flipped it through the item pulled both strands to tighten it, and then stepped back.

It was almost irritating.

Just like nearly everything else about Matt, it was perfect.

"I hate you," I smiled when his eyes met mine in the mirror.

"I know." He whispered as he gently laid his finger tips on my waist. My eyes shuddered closed, there was no feeling in the world that compared to Matt's touch.

His chest pressed to my shoulder blades as he leaned it, he laid a light kiss on my left temple. His breath was warm against my skin as he kissed down my cheek bone... To my jaw. A shock went down my spine as if some sort of electricity was pushing up goosebumps all over my body.

I swallowed as I battled with myself to speak, "Matt.. I have-" I cleared my throat as his finger tips began to slide to the bottom of my rib cages. "I really have to get going Matt."

"Where?" He said took a step back, still smiling.

I turned around to exit the and he let me through, and followed me out.

"My job interview Matt," I chuckled as I began to sift through the drawers that Matt had out my clothes in days before.

"Well I know that," he huffed. "I mean where at?"

"Just a little coffee joint down on La Grange," I pulled out a tank top and a cardigan, as well as a pair skinnies.

I looked down at the T-shirt and boxers I was already in, then I looked up at Matt.

"I need to change,"

"Ok?" He chuckled a bit and then sat down at the foot of the bed.

"Ok? So could I have some privacy?" I raised an eyebrow.