Part 21

Daniel brought me home without another word and layer sheets out on the couch, I knew being there would be lonely but I'd be more comfortable. In my lucid state I'd realized how wrong of me it seemed to make out with Matt one hour and the next lay in bed with a half-naked Daniel. After leaving Matt's house I felt a little better and a little worse, giving myself absolutely no answers for myself.

I sat at the kitchen bar yet again that day and stared into a cup of coffee, it had been five hours since I saw Matt and I could still feel a tingle on my face where his palms once sat. I wondered, is he thinking of me...?

"Don't waste your time on him," I jump a bit and find Daniel striding into the kitchen.

"Wha-? I wasn't i-"

"Was thinking about him? Yeah I can tell," he sighs and smiles at me.

I opened my mouth and search my mind for excuses, eventually giving up.

"How could you tell?" I sigh.

"I just know," he laughs a bit half heartedly. "Plus I'm sure you always think about that-" he stops... Corrects himself. "Him."

"I guess..." I mumble as he passes me and goes into the living room.

"Wanna watch a movie? Cool us off a bit?" he asks as u flips the remote in his hand.

"Sure," I said, glad for the idea.

"We could invite over Stacey and Jackson and just hang out," he looks at me quizzically.

"Who?" I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion, he returns the look.

"Stacey and Jackson," I shake my head and he huffs. "their in outArt History class?" he says and my mind clicks.

"Oh, right!" I say trying to remember talking to them for more than two minutes, they must be close to Daniel.

"Yeaaah," he draws out. "Well I'll call them." I laugh a little too forced.

After they arrive we sit for about half an hour picking out a movie.

"Oh god, Titanic; it's such a classic," Stacey says and clutches her heart. I laugh and Jackson rolls his eyes... Again.

"No. Absolutely not. I can't take seeing people fly off railing like crazy-"

"You are such a pussy!" howls Daniel before he rolls back laughing.

Stacey and Jackson are like... Polar opposite high schoolers on steroids.

Stacey is in all black, purple, and red and is a short 5'2. Her hair is chopped right above her shoulders and she has a small set of gauges along with a silver nose, eyebrow, and lip stud. Although she is very perky and has a heart for chick flicks, she's nothing like her appearance I realize. As for Jackson looks like he just got back from a football game, he stands tall at 6'9. He has ruffled dirty blonde hair and is quite handsome and build, but is in fact quite the wuss.

"Okay whatever," she hits him playfully; they have a chemistry that is so surprising given their appearances. "Oooh! Yes! The Notebook!"

Daniel and Jackson shout, "No!" in unison, and both us girls roll back in laughter.

"Okay, let's watch the Blind Side," decides Jackson, now both the girls groan. "whaaaat?" he wines, and I catch Stacey staring at him with a too-big-smile.

Another ten minuets goes buy and finally Daniel stands up and claps his hands together one time.

"Okay, I have it," he says matter-of-factly.

"Yay! Dani our fearless leader!" cheers Stacey and I laugh.

"Who's busy tomorrow?" he says, and we all reply with disappointed awe's.