Part 5

The sun trickled through the drapes, warming the house, giving it a peaceful feeling apart from the night before. I sighed and ran my hands over the smooth surface of the leather couch, a large blanket was draped over me. I sighed and rolled over into the couch, squinting my eyes as the adjusted to the daylight.

A soft mumble floated down from the hallway along with muffled sounds of shuffling around. I rolled back over as I felt myself awakening and looked at the clock on the wall. 5:43 pm. Oh gosh, we must have been up longer than I realized last night, I've never woken up so late. The aggravated mumbling grew as I made my way down the hall until I came upon Matt's room. I leaned in the doorway, he stood inside of a large walk-in closet, clothes strewn a crossed the floor. He wore black pants and a white button up.

"Going somewhere?" I asked after a few moments.

"Ah yes..." He mumbled searching the large closet up and down, he pinched his chin between a few fingers, his face was shiny and smelt of after shave all the way a crossed the room.

A few more moments passed and he continued to stare at the slowly emptying closet space, clenching and up clenching his jaw line, I leaned against the door way still, letting a few more moments pass by.

"Annnnnd where would that be exactly?" I questioned, "if you don't mind my asking, I tend to be a bit nosey," he turned and half smiled back at me quickly before returning his subtle gaze to the pile of clothing.

"Yes, I've gathered that," he chuckles. "I am on my way to a dinner party hosted by one of my coworkers, the lad's alright I just don't fancy him too much... Or at all for that matter. But he is fighting for the position that I am trying to achieve as well so an appearance as his pitiful little party will hopefully do me some good in the long run." He began to sift through a box that he pulled off of a top shelf in the closet before returning it and finding himself in the previous chin rubbing position.

"What is it that you do exactly Matthew?" I finally enter his room as I feel he wouldn't notice anyway, his concentration on the random articles of clothing seems to have him a bit mesmerized.

"Aha, you've been in my house this long yet you haven't gathered that quite yet? Understandable." He Humphs at his closet once again. "Well, in simple terms I proofread scripts for shows and movies and what not, make sure they're good and correct, audience worthy if you please," he flips his hand around in explanation, as if shooing away something before his face.

I stride over and stand next to him, then walk into his large open closet, clothes strewn all about the place. "Interesting," I say, although mildly distracted by the amount of clothes he owns, every item seems as though it's straight from a Ralph Lauren advertisement.

Something catches my eye, I lift up the small material and flip it through my hands, a smile stretches a crossed my lips as I bring the object up in front of Matt's face.

"Ah! Brilliant dear!" He snatches it from my hands sporadically and twirls around, I almost get the urge to reach out and grab him, his long limbs appear as if he will stumble over and crash at any given moment. Like a lanky time bomb without the timer. He stands and front of a full length mirror and fiddles with the scarlet between his finger tips. He curses under is breath every few moments and I can't suppress the giggles coming from me. What is with this silly, silly man. I walk over and take it from his hands he huffs in defeat and then chuckles as I run my hands over the warm flesh of his neck and under the collar of his button up shirt, then I secure it perfectly at the base of his slender neck. I rub the edges between my finger tips, and I feel his breath against my forehead as I am unaware of my leaning into him, just his very essence seemed to welcome me with beautiful open arms.

"It l-," he clears his throat. "That looks about right to me." His voice quakes a bit and I snap my hands back to my sides, embarrassment flooding through me quicker than my own breathing.

"I-" I have the urge to apologize but I feel that ignoring whatever... That, was would be better, "I think it looks... Very nice."

He adjusts himself, then looks in the mirror with approval.

"A bow tie eh?" He smiles and pulls at it's edges,

"Yep," I stand a few feet behind him and look at him in the mirror, well dressed... He cleans up nice. "A bow tie."

"Bow ties.. are cool." He chuckles, and his eyes meet up with mine in the reflection of the mirror, and I realize that I must have completely forgotten of last night because a sweet déjà vu of silk and warm honey flood back into my thoughts. I glance down at the floor, breaking the brief moments of awkward eye contact in fear that he can see into my thoughts.

When I glance back up he's still staring into my eyes, something burns in them... The Ora in the room grows gradually intense and I can't seem to pull away... He then abruptly turns on one heal, grabs a jacket off of the top of his door and awkwardly shoves his arms into the sleeves as he quickly paces to the front door. He's moving as if he's a top about to fall flat to its side. I feel awkward as well... But I follow him to the living room and I try hard to keep up with him without chasing after him. He flings open the front door and with a quick bye, nearly leaps out the front door. I walk up to it and press my hands to the wood, this man is insane. It's official. The door is warm against my forehead and I exhale, he's going to figure out that there's no hotel soon. I'm using him, is this illegal? God... What am I doing..

I turn around and tug at my pajamas still loose on my body. Theres a sharp gasp, I spin around to see the door swiftly gasp with suctioned air and Matt pokes his head in. Out of breath from his run out of the house he looks at me, purses his lips and tilts his head slightly.

"Say... You wouldn't want to go with me would you?" He speaks breathlessly, I just shake my head and walk out of the house after the crazy man, pajamas and all.