Part 22

The sun rose to 10 o'clock and Daniel and Jackson were still fast asleep. As for me and Stacey, we were already fed and heading out the door.

"Where are we gunna go? Crap, I have to change first," I questioned as she grabbed her keys off of the counter.

"We are just going to my place first, we'll get you clothes." she laughed, slowly opening the door; being sure not to wake the boys.

I pondered the thought of myself in clothes like Stacey's... I chose my words carefully, "I don't know if we're the same size," I said.

"Haha I wouldn't let you step foot in my clothes, their too hard core," she winked. "We'll get you new ones."

"I don't have like, any cash."

"I'll pay," she shrugged as if my statement was completely idiotic.

"No, I couldn't let you pay-"

She turned around to face me as we walked down the hall, she walked backwards, "Look I've got rich parents; like Daniel and Jacks, we come from a richie town. I have a huge ass trust fund back east. It's fine." she laughed and twirled back around.

"Oh... Well, how did you all end up here?" I followed her, although it was hard due to her quick bouncy pace.

"California? We grew up here, I just said that,"

"No, I mean the arts school," I laugh and finally catch up beside her.

"Right, haha; Daniel wanted to go and he suckered me into it, and out of nowhere we find out high school quarterback in pottery when he hadn't even taken Art I," she laughed and we stepped into the floors elevator.

She clicked 1 as she said, "I totally hated Jackson at first, especially after highschool..."

"Really? And then what?"

"I'll show you," she smiled and stepped out onto the first floor, me once again trailing her close behind.

It didn't take her more than two seconds before she hailed a taxi and hopped in, I was yet again scrambling to keep up with her.

"Hibiscus Café, North Street," she instructed the driver, he just nodded and pulled the car back into the street.

The drive was short and it was only about ten minuets until we pulled in front of a vintage looking building, "The Hibiscus Café" writing in brown lettering a crossed the front window.

We crossed the Café and took our seats at the window in two tall bar stools.

~~~

The phone rang... Again.

I drank.

It was like a game, each time the phone rang I'd take another drink. Due to the constant ringing of my annoying-as-hell-phone, I'd found myself quite wasted.

The ringer finally clicked off, I sat at the couch end and dangled my hand over the edge. The land line lay on the floor below me. A voice floated through the speakers yet again today:

"Matt look, you know we have a meeting. These damned papers aren't signing themselves-" i clicked the delete button... Again.

The voice tone began, "Twenty seven missed calls. Call: one, four twenty two, p.m."

"You're nothing but a drunk bastard. You really are. I know you're listening Matthew. If you don't answer me I'll bring the problem two you. And the last thing you like is responsibility and you know it. I'm sick of your lazy-"

Delete.

I rolled over, drizzling red wine on my shirt.

"Damnit." I spat and shot up off of the couch.

I threw the wine glass against the wall, shards of glass raining to the floor.

I stared at the glisten pieces for a few moments

Shit.

I have to clean that.

"Roryyy," I called out, stumbling around to the couch, my head pounding. Blurs of color and silence. "Rory, I broke something." my face grew warm... Wet...

Tears. How dare this... Juvenile, play me like this...

How dare she leave...

I sobbed.

Then drank again.

(sorry for the short chapter! Will update again ASAP :) thanks for 1,000!)