Part 17

Little snippets of conversation float to me.

"What the hell is wrong with you!"

"What the hell is wrong with me you are the one-"

"I didn't even-"

"She was a virgin!"

Mom.

I roll over, my mind aching.

Then it comes back to me.

"Oh goodness she's awake!" I heard footsteps, a shadow covers my eyes. "Shhh!! Honey? Honey are you okay?" I feel warm hands cup my face, the smell of vanilla filling my senses.

"Step back dear, let her breathe," my dad huffs and pulls my mom back, I open my eyes. My parents are standing over me.

"Oh Aurora, are you alright?" I try to nod, I sit up. "Honey, come on up." She urges, I grab onto the edge of the couch and lift myself up.

"We are taking you to stay in our hotel tonight okay?" She talks to me like I'm three. Embarrassment and pain fills me. Then I remember, where's Matt?

I look over and he's leaned against the counter, once again, sipping wine.

"Wha-?" I rub my eyes confused, the fog refusing to leave my mind.

"We are taking you away from this....man," she spits the word. "Until we find somewhere for you to stay, so tonight you'll be with us,"

She puts her arm around me and too forcefully I hear myself say, "No."

"What?" She gapes a bit, then shakes her head. "Honey your confused, c'mon it'll be fine."

I plant my feet in the ground and refuse to move, "I'm not going,"

"Do what your mother says." My dad demands, I'm faced with fear and a decision, I stop and think.

"Mom," the fog begins to clear. "Look Ma, my stuff is here... It's just one more night, it'll be fine mom. We will deal with this tomorrow, please, I'm weary and I am in no condition to travel."

"Aurora-"

"Mom, it's one night," I sigh.

"She's right," Matt buts in, "the damage is already done," a smirk is on his lips and it makes me want to kill him.

She thought for a moment, and then-

"Aurora Micheals I do not approve of what I'm allowing here."

"I know mom," I sigh.

"If he tries anything," dad hugs me, "call us."

I nod, say my goodbyes.

After I close the door and it clicks shut, I huff. My lungs cramped for the lack of oxygen.

I press my forehead to the door, I hear footsteps. A glass clinks against the counter.

Silence.

And then, "I didn't know you were a virgin."

I bite my cheek and fight the urge to turn around and kill this... This horrible, rude... Whatever the hell he is.

"No, i AM a virgin." I turn around and pace down the hallway, wanting to escape into my room and just... Die.

He follows me, "And you went to highschool?"

"Yes I went to highschool." I spit, grabbing my door handle to close it.

"And your still a virgin?" He leaned against the wall.

"Get away from me Matt," I begin to shut the door, but he sticks his foot out and stops me.

"Hey..."

I huff, "Matt, get the hell away from me." I don't feel like arguing but I can't take this with him.

"Just listen to me for a moment." He hisses, his anger welling up and for once I don't care.

"I've heard enough of you tonight." I slam the door in his face and lean back against it.

"Rory," he whispers, knowing I hadn't left the doorway somehow.

"Yeah?" I exhale, giving up.

"You stayed."

I leave the doorway, and fall into my bed. Ignoring the texts my mother had sent me, and ignoring the fact that Matt was still standing outside my door.

(Very short so sorry, feedback, thank you)