Twenty

"You do realise what you did was wrong, don't you?" Agostino asked trying to keep calm

Sure, I did kick out a potential client and quite roughly at that but I was doing it for protection and also because I was just in a really bad mood and he was the perfect person to lash out on.

"Mhm" I made him realise that I was completely uninterested in whatever he was saying by looking down at my nails.

"Diana don't test my patience!" He growled irritated standing up
and slamming his hands on the wooden desk in front of him.

My head snapped up to look at him.

I laughed bitterly " Or what?" I said "What are you going to do Agostino?" I asked nearing him "Fire me?" I laughed again " Hit me like your men did? Make me your whore?" I kept asking now standing directly in front of him.

He stayed quiet looking at me with blazing eyes and white fists by his sides like he was ready to kill.

I leaned into his face " What are you going to do?" I whispered to get some kind of reaction out of him.

I'm not sure why I feel so daring today but it just feels like the right thing to do and for some reason I felt completely safe.

I almost laughed at that. Completely safe. I never knew that was even a thing I could ever feel especially with this mans intense gaze staring me down.

"I will have to punish you if you continue" he said in a hard voice, almost choking on his own words.

I rolled my eyes at him " Theres nothing to continue" I scanned his face slowly while he did the same.

"I'm done here" I said and his eyes immediately jumped back to mine with an undetectable emotion in them.

I turned to leave and proceeded to make my way towards the door.

As I grabbed the door handle I heard footsteps behind me and warm hands grab me by the shoulders spinning me around and pushing my back hard against the door barely missing the handle.

"You know perfectly well I would never do any of those things to you" Agostino
said staring into my eyes with hands on the door either sides of my face.

"I could never" he breathlessly whispered moving his face closer to mine.

I stared back at him in shock with all of my ideas of sarcastic remarks flying out the window.

He finally closed the space between us with his lips meeting mine.

From the shock I stood there unmoving not able to believe that this was actually happening but after a while of Agostino softly kissing me he pulled away due to me being irresponsive.

He pulled away with a hurt expression on his face " I'm sorry, I got a little lost in my ...emotions" he said scratching the back of his head.

" Kiss me again" I said breathlessly.

"What?" he asked confused.

"I said kiss me again Agostino" I repeated. Is he slow?

He shook his head " No! If you think this is some kind of game for me then you are wrong. It may have started off as one in my mind but for a long time now I have wanted you the way I have never wanted any other women. I don't know what is wrong with me. Do you think I just go around kissing other women like I kissed you?"He laughed bitterly completely removing himself from me.

From his face it looks like he is telling me something he's kept inside himself for a long time now.

He has been suppressing all his thoughts and emotions inside just like I have been doing for a very big part of my life.