Seventeen

We have been going at it for a while now and I can gladly say that I have been getting extremely lucky with my cards but the pressure is pretty intense.

Pretty much all men at the table have finished their cigar and now are sweating bullets instead, considering the money in the bank is pretty high now I have grown pretty nervous too.

Seems like Donovan has decided to lay his cards out in hopes of winning.

"Full house."he said throwing his cards down with no manners and without looking around reached for the chips in the middle of the table.

Everybody groaned and cussed in response.

I guess that when I said 'All in' earlier and pushed all I had into the center everybody assumed I was bluffing.

Before he could get his sly hands near the center of the table I spread the cards nicely, in front of me "Straight flush" I said looking up from my cards to the shocked faces sitting at the table staring at me.  

All muttering and cussing around the table stopped and each one of the men took their turns to lean over the table and make sure what I was saying was in fact the truth.

I laughed at them slightly.

"It was a pleasure gentlemen." I said now reaching for the chips myself.

"I'm confused" said one of the men.

"What's there to be confused about? I beat your ass." I explained now with the poker chips sitting comfortably in front of me.

Everybody was still staring at me not being able to comprehend what just happened.

"Another round!" exclaimed one of he older men reaching into his pocket,ready to fetch out more money.

"Well, have fun but I think I'm done for today."I said ready to exchange the chips for real money.

"I have to agree with that,excuse me" Said Agostino besides me having yet to comment on my non expecting win.

He stood up behind me without any movement , which I took as a sign of him waiting for me.

"Corey" He motioned towards my chips

The young boy that had been standing in the distance the whole game quickly nodded and rushed towards me handing me my prize in the amount of ten thousand dollars as I heard him mutter to me.

"I have to say, I'm impressed." Agostino told me in a low voice actually sounding genuinely impressed.

"Well I used to play a lot. There was a time playing illegal poker was my only way of getting money and surviving. It was a long time ago but I guess I've still got the hang of it." I explained to him with us now both moving away from the poker table.

"I didn't know that about you, It wasn't written in your file" he said almost to himself, rubbing his eight o'clock shadow chin with two fingers.

"There's a few things that aren't in the file" I mumbled underneath my breath and to my luck Agostino seemed to not hear it, too deep into his own thoughts.

We walked to the bar where wide smiling Evelyn was sitting.

I still haven't figured out why this made her so happy or why she helped me but I made it a point in my brain to ask her later.

I quickly looked back at the pack of money in my hand and reached for some to give back to Evelyn.

I pushed out my hand with the money for Evelyn in it and she smiled at me even wider when saw the amount of money I had won .