Fourteen

It's been two months since the night that changed my life forever.

Here I am on my bed thinking of all the possible ways I could get out of here.

Don't get me wrong it's not half bad here, in fact I have enjoyed it, especially in the last couple weeks, I have bonded with the girls more and met few more of Agostino's men but I had to get out.

I feel like I am locked in a cage, I haven't seen the outside world for so long it feels like I forgot the sound of a car driving by.

Running away would not be an option, the only way I could get out is if they let me out and for that to happen I need information worthy my freedom.

I lay there letting my memory go as far back as possible when suddenly I remembered a minor detail Dave had told me at the time we were still together.

I jumped off my bed heading straight for Agostino's office, praying that he was still there, it was a little past midnight but I don't believe he goes to bed this early

I race down the hall towards the wooden door and knock on it

There's no answer.

I knock again and after I don't hear anything I press the handle.

Damn it.

Did he really already leave?

As soon as I was about to give up I saw Mark- one of the men I met recently, heading down the hall towards me.

He noticed me and nodded his head as a sign of greeting.

"Hey have you seen Agostino?" I asked getting straight to the point

"Yeah, about a minute ago I saw him at the bar, I believe he was about to head to his quarters though."Mark said pointing behind him towards the bar

"Thanks" I said in a rush already heading towards the bar

As I got closer I was able to make out the silhouette of Agostino putting his blazer back on ready to leave

I quickly walk up to him, a little breathless from all the movement, I really am starting to lose shape, working out would be a great idea.

As I stand in front of him, his dull eyes jump up to meet mine and a smile lights up his face and then worry.

"Why are you breathing so hard?"he asks scanning my body for I'm not sure what.

I wave it off " I was looking everywhere for you, can we talk?"

He thinks for a second "Yes, but I have to make an important call first. "

I nod my head ready to wait when he starts to leave, motioning with his head for me to follow.

I do. But when he takes me down the not so familiar path I get a little worried but brush it off.

After a few silent minutes of walking we stop in front of a not very noticeable door and Agostino unlocks it's what seems like five locks.

As the door swings open I understand where we are. We are inside Agostino's living room, the same white colour graces the walls and soft looking couches as it did the day I came down the grand stairs as Agostino's date.

He turns to me "Wait here for a bit, I'll be back soon."and he walked away disappearing behind another door to what seemed like his bedroom.

I walked around a bit studying the huge room and the drastic difference between this room and Agostino's office shocked me, it seemed like two completely different people occupied them.

I once again noticed a large bookshelf stuffed with books, he must like reading, however I don't believe he exactly has a lot of time to do that.

As I was admiring the books I heard a door closing and looked back.

There stood Agostino dressed in a white T-shirt and grey sweatpants and suddenly I felt really hot.

He put his hands in the pockets and walked from behind the couch which is when I noticed that he was barefoot.

I quickly turned back around squeezing my eyes shut tightly.

I decided to pretend that nothing happened, I dragged my finger along the books "I see you like to read" I said as calmly as possible

"Yes, it's one of the many things I like to do in solidarity, unfortunately there aren't many opportunities for me to do so." He said sounding much closer to me than he was a few seconds ago.

"How many books from here have you read?" I fired another question trying to take away from the tension building up.

"All, except for one"he said now breathing onto my neck

I gulped "Which one is that?"

He placed a hand on my hip " Hmm, I don't think I should let all my cards out at once"

As he said that I turned around to face him.

Looking into his fiery eyes I knew exactly what thoughts were going trough his mind.

He wrapped both his hands around me pressing me hard between the bookshelf and his body, trapping me.

"What are you doing?" I whispered feeling so weak and vulnerable with him.

He smirked " What do you want me to do?"

"I want you to tell me what you are doing. " I stupidly answered his question

He chuckled and before he could do anything more I spoke " But no relationships are allowed between the staff"

He looked at me humorously " First of all I'm not staff, Second, who said anything about relationships?"

All the fire in me was gone, his words were like a bucket of cold water poured down on my head.

He basically just admitted that he wanted to use me, not that I was expecting anything but his words just struck me in a way I never expected them to.

He wanted to use me just like everybody else in my life has, however there was a difference this time.

This time was different because it hurt it never hurt like this before so what's so special about this time? I didn't know, all I knew was that I had to get out of here as soon as possible.

I pushed Agostino as hard as possible and he stumbled back with a shocked face

By now my eyes started to water and he saw it which made his face morph into a worried one.

"Hey, are you okey? I'm sorry if I did something wrong. Please." the hurt on his face was undeniable.

But why would he be hurt, not in a million years could I have imagined the big bad mafia boss standing in front of me looking like this

"I better go" was all I said before moving fast towards the door we came in trough, and when I was finally out of there I let my first tear slide down my cheek.

My first tear in years.
****
Don't forget to vote and tell me your thoughts in the comments!!!

This chapter was such a rollercoaster ride!! I'm sorry! 🙈