Sixteen

This family day was going ......well as I expected.

Everybody was drinking, having conversations which quickly resumed into arguments and some even into fights.

Everybody was preoccupied in some way, some men were drinking with girls sitting on they're lap, some left with the girls to find some place else.

I guess the girls don't get days off.

However what I was most interested in was a table in the corner with Agostino, Dom and a few other men I had met. They were playing poker, a game I took a lot of interest in.

Sitting at the bar I couldn't help but stare at a certain man who, for some reason hasn't been able to leave my mind.

He was dressed casually, in jeans and a T-shirt but I can't imagine him looking any hotter than this, maybe only naked.

No Diana. Stop it.

I can't believe I was having these thoughts about him, about the Mafia boss, a ruthless killer who basically took me captive.

Still my mind wondered back to his broad shoulders and his concentrated face while looking at his cards.

He was smoking a cigar just like the rest of the men at that table.

Then quickly his eyes looked up at me trough the cloud of smoke covering his face, but still not being able to hide his intense, green eyed stare.

He stared at me for what felt like hours but in reality were mere seconds until someone at the table called for him snapping him out of his frozen state.

"Quite a hottie, isn't he?" Asked a voice startling me.

I turned to my side to see the source of the unfamiliar voice and saw an oh so familiar face.

Evelyn- as I found out, is the girl I saw in Agostino's office yesterday, but I couldn't blame him, she was extremely beautiful, with model looks.

"Who?" I asked pretending as if I didn't know who she was talking about.

She rolled her eyes " The one you were undressing with your eyes."

I snorted " That's your job"

Shit, why would I say that? I didn't care so why did I felt like being bitter at the moment was my only option?

There was something inside me, a weird feeling I couldn't place my finger on.

Evelyn was about to reply but I stopped her. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean that and I have no right to judge you. You can do whatever you want. "

She smiled at me softly " You know there's no need to be jealous, I was the one who initiated the kiss because he hasn't visited any of the girls in a really long time, so I thought he would want it." she laughed bitterly " So you can imagine my shock when he started to push me off even before you came in."

"I'm not jealous" I said in monotone

"That's the only thing you got out of everything I said?" She asked irritated

Why would she even be irritated?

I scrunched my eyebrows looking at her " Yeah, was there anything else I was supposed to comment on?"

"Uh, Yeah!" she said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world

I kept looking around the room with a look of pure boredom on my face.

She seemed to drop it and didn't continue talking about the subject at hand.

"Do you play poker?" she asked distantly looking at the men around the table.

"Yeah" came my short reply.

Her head whipped around to look at me with a shocked face as if she was totally not expecting that answer from me.

"Really?" She asked to which I nodded in reply.

She then unexpectedly jumped off the bar stool and grabbed my hand pulling me behind her.

I was trying to pry her hand off me but for a girl her size she was stronger than I would have assumed.

She finally stopped pulling me beside her and speaking up " Hello gentlemen!"

I looked up and saw that we were standing in front of a heated game of poker and all eyes were currently on us.

Fucking hell. What is wrong with this girl?

All the men were quiet and looking at us confused and I probably looked just as confused as them.

"My friend here, who you all probably know loves to play poker, so we were wondering if you would allow her to join?" said Evelyn

My eyes widened as I looked at her and all the men at the table laughed except for Agostino who was studying my face once again.

"Diana? Really, you play?" asked a blonde guy in his thirties, Ricky if I remember correctly.

Before I could get myself out of this mess Evelyn spoke up and got me even deeper into the mess.

"Yes! She loves playing poker!" Evelyn exclaimed

"Well loving playing poker is one thing but is she any good at it?"

I searched for the source of the magical voice and it was no other than Agostino himself.

At this point I stopped trying to get out of here but instead lifted my head up ready for any competition to come.

"Well you could let me play and find out yourself" I pointed out confidently

Men at the table turned to look at Agostino who was looking at me with a smirk on his face.

"Well, do you have any money on you?" he asked quirking an eyebrow, knowing full well that I didn't.

I was about to back down when Evelyn's voice ringed trough me once again "Yes she does" she turned facing me with her back to the men.

She reached inside her bra and pulled out a roll of money handing it to me and urging me with her eyes to go and play this game.

Why is she doing all this? I'm really confused.

Either way I still grabbed the roll of money she was holding out to me which was still warm from her body heat.

I walked around her, closer to the table throwing the money down in the middle of the table.

Agostino gazed at me intensely and after a while pulled out a chair to his right indicating for me to take a seat all the while still looking at me.

And that's what I did.
******
Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!! :))