Twenty-six

Agostino POV

I tapped a finger on my knee as the helicopter left the ground, while my other knee was bouncing up and down.

I quickly noticed the looks my men were giving me and stopped, feeling pathetic.

I have not felt this nervous in a long time. Hell, I haven't felt this nervous ever.

The thoughts occupying my mind weren't the best. I would occasionally picture Diana hurt or dead and instantly my pulse would skyrocket.

We knew what her location was, my men found her. We also knew who took her-Delirio.

But we had no idea what physical state she was in.

I curled my hands into fists thinking about all the ways I could hurt him, torture him and kill him for touching what's mine.

I caught myself on that thought ' mine'.
She was nowhere near mine. She couldn't be.

Look where her involvement with me has already gotten her and it wasn't even real.

I can't even imagine what's going to happen if one day she will be mine.

Do I want that to happen, for her to be mine?

It's been obvious to me that I can't stop thinking about her and I am infatuated and definitely wouldn't mind spending a night full of passion with her.

However the least I could do is keep her safe from the people that want to do me wrong.

I don't know why but I just want to care for her, to know that she is always safe.

And right now that's not the case and it's killing me.

"Can you stop? It looks like you have to pee. " Dominic said next to me getting a chuckle out of the other men.

I hadn't realised I started tapping my foot again in anticipation of ... something, I'm not sure what yet.

"She'll be fine. You know Diana, she can stand up for herself. " Dom said again

"Yes, I know that she can stand up for herself. I also know how easy it is to kill someone, especially if you out number them." I calmly stated.

"Well... when you look at it that way. " Dominic muttered.

"Five minutes until the destination" announced the pilot.

Automatically my leg started to bounce up and down even faster and more rhythmically.

"Do we know how many men there were?" I ask Dom sitting beside me, already looking in my direction most likely trough a window.

He shook his head looking far " Not more that five is all we know."

I nodded also throwing a glance out the window.

The sun was starting to set and all that was seen below were hills covered in grass. It wasn't often that you could see such views around here. 

Most you'd see are skyscrapers, sure the city has it's own appeal in the night lights, some would even go as far as to call it romantic. I'm not one to talk though, there isn't much I understand in that department.

I looked at the sunset once again "Is this romantic?" I asked no one in particular.

"What?" asked Dom clearly confused.

"Do women find the sunset romantic?" I motioned with my hand towards the window.

He nervously cleared his throat and took as minute to reply, obviously trying to understand why I would ask such thing.

"I'm not sure, every woman is different but I would guess so from some of the movies I've seen."

I smiled at his answer.

Of course he didn't know, he was just as useless in that department as me.

"Yeah, they do." said Rick sitting further in front of me,facing in my direction "They also like to look at the sunrise" he rolled his eyes at that "I wonder what else can make them wake up so early because so far I have only found one reason for them to do so."

After a while of everybody soaking in his information he spoke again "Also don't ever interrupt them while their favorite show is on. Just heads up."

"Do you have a degree in woman brain?" Asked Dominic.

Rick chuckled "Yeah, it's called 'three years in a relationship.'"

To say I was shocked was almost as saying nothing. Never would I have thought Rick had a girlfriend and for such a long time.

Thinking back about it I still can't see it. he's always been thee for any mission needed, I have known him for years, and never has ever even mentioned his relationship.

I guess this proves how well my men can keep their mouths shut.

"We are here." the pilot informed us.

Automatically I sat up straighter and watched us descending on the sandy ground covered with a few dead weeds.

I was looking trough the widow to find exactly what the destination was and couldn't find anything, then  I realized that everybody was getting out trough the other side.

Three of my men were already outside as I neared the steps to get down.

When I saw her standing there, shielding her face from the sun and no doubt sandy wind from the helicopter, I forgot everything. Even how to use the steps, I just jumped down almost tripping in the process but I didn't care. All I cared about was having the woman in front of me in my arms.

And that's exactly what I did. I speed walked towards her and pulled Diana against me, pressing our bodies together tight enough to know that she won't slip away from me as much as she would want it.

This is the moment I realized that staying away from this woman would be impossible for me.

I didn't want to let her go. I couldn't let her go.

Could it be possible that what I had been searching for all these years was in front of me?

Could this be my safe haven? My security, my happiness in life.

I couldn't be sure of it but I was sure of one thing. In this moment I felt more complete than I have ever before in my life.

"From now on I'm not letting you go anywhere." I said against her hair making it hard to understand or hear over the noise but I could tell that she heard me by the way her body shuddered as I said those words.
****
Please VOTE and COMMENT.