Twenty-one

Weird.

That's the only word I could use to describe the past couple of days.

The things that were happening were weird. The way people were looking at me was weird. And what I was feeling was also weird.

But the thing that had absolutely no explanation was Agostino and the word 'weird' just doesn't do him any justice.

What has been happening between us for the past couple of days felt very inappropriate and wrong but at the same time so right and amazing, I thought I will go insane once again.

Anytime we were alone, be it his office or the hallway with no one around, he would try to touch me in any way he could, stand unnecessarily close to me and just have a different way of talking to me, the way I hadn't seen him talk to anyone before.

This was so confusing. What does he want from me? Is it one night of pleasures he is hoping for or is it his plan to get closer to me and get any potential information I may know about Dave?

We haven't really talked about this yet and to be honest I'm not too good at the whole 'talk' thing anyway.

I have no clue how to start that conversation.

Hey, are you doing all this just to fuck me? What do you want us to like get married and have babies?

I think those aren't that good of conversation starters.

What I do know is that I'm late to a potential conversation.

Agostino told me yesterday to be at his office at six after cornering me in the hallway.

God, I still can't believe he would say all those things he did.

I'm not sure if all of it was exaggeration but most of it had to be for sure.

"If you think this is some kind of game for me then you are wrong. " he said

I can't believe him can I? But I am so tempted to.

No. Those words are lies, everything he said were lies, he was trying to get to me. No man could ever feel that way towards me.

I rush to Agostino's office a little past six, he hates when anybody is late.

I knock and as soon as my fist makes contact with the door it flies open revealing hard faced Agostino as if he's been standing there and waiting for the knock to be heard.

When he sees me his frown disappears along with his wrinkles making him look younger. Hmm.. how old is he?

"You're late" he pointed out not sounding angry but more informative

"Yeah sorry, I have no excuse." I say walking into the office after he motioned towards it

As soon as I walk in I freeze.

The office now looks like a lovebird nest and not a angry mafia office you would expect to see.

In the middle of the room there was a table with plates, lit candles and two chairs either sides of it.

Every flat surface that was possible to cover was covered in candles except for one small table to the side which seemed to contain different foods.

I was mesmerised by the sight in front of me.

Agostino brought me out of my frozen state by walking around me, towards the table and grabbed a bouquet of flowers bringing them to me.

"I remember you liked the flowers I gave you last time, so I hope these ones are alright too." he extends them towards me.

I grab the flowers without another word and pull them towards my face smelling them. He remembers...

These are purple with some white ones scattered around, I don't know the name of them but it looks to be something exotic, at least for me considering I am mot familiar with flowers at all.

I look up at Agostino and see his face analysing me with the look of worry in his eyes as if expecting me to not like this amazing gesture from him.

"I love them, thank you" I say and see him release a breath almost out of relief.

"How did you know it's my birthday today?" I ask still looking up at him

At that his face completely changed and for a moment it looked like he wasn't even breathing.

He gulped and I could almost see sirens going off in his head, trying to think of something to say.

"I'm just kidding" I laugh slightly at his mortified expression quickly being replaced by a relieved one and a smile taking over his gorgeous face.

"Anyway, what's the occasion?" I ask moving towards the table to place the flowers down.

He looked at me and stuffed his hands in his pockets, if  I hadn't known him better I would Have thought that he is nervous, which obviously isn't the case.

"I just thought we could have dinner together, some alone time, you know" He kind of murmured the last part

"Some alone time?" I asked " For some alone time you could have just invited me to your office like you were doing before, without any of this." I gestured around the room with my hands

"You don't like it?" he asked looking almost like a child

And how is he the mafia boss please?

I let out a deep breath " I do like it. Just... what is this all for? If you want me then you just have to tell me and I'll do it."

He now looks confused and somewhat hopeful "Really?"

"I mean, I work for you so if you really wanted me in your bed all you had to do was order me, isn't that how you get everything around here?" I don't know why my emotions suddenly took control of me.

But it looks like they did over Agostino too " You think I did all this just get you to sleep with me?" he asked with anger lacing his every word " I can bed any woman I want with a snap of my fingers without doing any of this"

It was now his turn to gesture around with his hands wide open.

"I know, that's why I don't understand why you are doing all this" I say now slightly raising my voice too.

"Because I don't want to bed you!" he exclaims with frustration

That makes sense, it's probably some kind of plan to get me talking and he is about to lay it all out for me.

"What do you want then?" I exclaim just as frustrated.

At that question he seems to lose a part of his anger but still keeps breathing heavily looking into my eyes.

"You, I just want you." he chokes out as if those words physically burned when he said them.

What?
******
Please VOTE if you liked this chapter and tell me what you think in the COMMENTS!!