Fifteen

Sweaty and most likely smelly I came back to my bedroom from a great workout session, I even got the chance to take part in a fight with a few men I have gotten to know in the past couple of months.

This workout was very much needed for my body, it helped me forget yesterday's events, Agostino's face and the burning desire I felt within me.

First thing I do is take a shower and put on a fresh set of clothes.

As I walk out of the bathroom still drying my damp hair in a towel I see a huge bouquet of flowers on my bedside table. Were they there before too?

The bouquet was made of red roses, lily's and other pieces making this arrangement look absolutely magnificent.

I walked closer and picked up a card I saw inside the flowers after a bit of inspecting

I'm sorry.
Meet me in my office.

A~

Agostino. Was he apologizing for yesterday? And what did he need me in his office for?

I looked at the time, it was 11 am, I guess I could just go now.

Without waiting for my hair to dry I made my way into Agostino's office.

I walked up to the large wooden door that I was now so familiar with and knocked loud enough for him to hear.

I listened for a response and heard some shuffling and a groan coming from behind the door. I guess that was his way of telling me to come in.

I was wrong. As I opened the door I saw Agostino sitting on his desk chair with one of the girls on top of him, kissing his neck and his hands on her hips.

I froze on the spot just looking at them, Agostino saw me and his eyes widened, I'm sure mine did too, he quickly started struggling and pushed the pretty brunette off him. She whined and stomped her foot like a little kid but then saw me in the doorway and blushed.

"Evelyn, leave" Agostino said sternly and adjusted his wrinkled clothes and buttoning his shirt up.

The girl walked past me with her head down and left down the hall without a sound.

"I'm sorry" I said unsurely because I don't know if it was already awkward enough without addressing the matter but I still did.

"No. I'm sorry" he said standing up and gesturing towards a chair "Please, sit."

I obliged and sat on the soft chair in front of him.

"It wasn't what it looked like" he exclaimed. I raised my eyebrows looking at him as he continued. "She just came in to talk and kind of just jumped on me and started assaulting my neck, and when I was just about to push her off me you came in and... and saw that. " he explained frantically.

Now I was sitting there with my eyebrows drawn together in confusion
"You know, you don't have to explain yourself to me. I don't really care what you do in your free time" I pointed out

He seemed to realize what I just said and scrunched his face together as if confused by his own behavior.

"You're right, but I just thought you deserved an explanation because you witnessed that" he said uncomfortably looking down at his desk

After a few seconds of uncomfortable silence I spoke up " So why did you want to see me in your office? I'm assuming it wasn't because you wanted to introduce me to one of your lady friends." He cringed at the last part

" No, the reason I asked you to come here was because I wanted to genuinely apologize, what I did yesterday was more than inappropriate and that's not going to happen again and I'm really sorry. I hope you liked the flowers that got delivered to your room. " He smiled at the end looking into my eyes

I smiled back at him " Yes, I love the flowers, they're very beautiful."

"I wasn't sure what kind you liked so I got some help picking the bouquet" he said analyzing my face with his green, shimmering eyes.

I was surprised that he put any thought into it, I imagined him just ordering someone to pick the flowers and send them to my room. " Oh! I don't know either, I'd never gotten flowers before but these ones were great. Thank you! "

"You've never been gifted flowers before?" he asked in an unbelievable voice

I shook my head to answer his question

Agostino looked at me sadly, almost with pity in his eyes but before I could get mad at him for the pity, he masked it. He masked it so well that if I hadn't seen it on his face I wouldn't have believed it was ever there.

He put on a straight face and cleared his throat. He quickly shuffled trough papers as if searching for something but not being able to find it in the end.

"Also." He spoke up and I immediately gave him all my attention " Tomorrow everyone has a day off and the bar will be closed, it's going to be a family day."

I laughed a little.

 " A family day?" I asked with amusement still clear in my voice.

Upon seeing me smile Agostino immediately lost his stone face and smiled as well " Yeah we call it that. It's basically just a bonding day and a lot of catching up..." he exhaled " basically just a lot of drinking and relaxing and everybody is expected to attend." He looked up at me expectantly.

"Sure thing." I said and he seemed relieved for some reason.

"Am I free to go now?" I asked

He seemed unsure and hesitant, as if searching his mind for something else, for another conversation starter but couldn't find one good enough " Yes, you can go" he said sounding almost disappointed.

********
Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!!!