Thirty-four

"That old senator yesterday had a wild fantasy,  he doesn't look like it. He did leave a good tip though."Said Clarissa sitting on the sofa across from me with the other girls around forming a circle.

It was a gossiping session which I decided to be a part of this time. I just thought it could be useful to some extent, it was always good to have some extra information on your hands and so far things hadn't been exactly 'juicy' enough for me.

One of the girls sighed "This week hasn't been too exciting."

Others nodded in agreement and I got ready to leave as I thought the gossiping session was over but I assumed too soon.

"Hey, Diana what's up with you and Agostino, are you like...together?" Asked the brunette besides me. God, I should really learn their names shouldn't I ?

I wish I knew what I was supposed to answer in this situation. I guess we are together but we never really discussed what we are, so I guess I can't say that we are exclusive right? And I'm sure Agostino wouldn't want to publicize it even though everyone already knows because we don't exactly try to hide our affection towards each other.

"Um...I..we"I gulp trying to think of what to say but all common sense seemed to fly out of my head with so many pairs of eyes on me. The pressure is real.

Some of them started giggling because of the obvious despair written all over my face.

"Hey,it's fine, we weren't expecting you guys to be anything,it's obvious that you're just hooking up. We just wanted to make you a little uncomfortable." Judging my their friendly expressions they really didn't mean anything bad but I can't help the irritation in me starting to grow.

I smiled at them painfully.

Are we really just hooking up, I mean we haven't had 'that talk yet.

"Excused me."I got up and stepped over some of the girls sitting on the floor with a decision to talk to Agostino.

I decided to not be to forceful though because I'm sure I already annoyed him enough with all the talking we had done recently, plus I'm sure he is not the kind of guy to want a serious relationship with all the problems that come with it.

I knocked on the all too familiar wooden door and heard a muffled answer.

He looked up at me from his papers when I entered and smiled.

He put his pen down and sat back in his chair allowing himself to take a couple minutes off to give me some attention.  I know that his time is important but he always has some for me.

I gave him a forced grin with not too much excitement of starting this conversation.

He seemed to notice it and dropped his own smile.

"What's wrong?"He asked concerned.

He was about to get up from his chair to come towards me but I made my way towards him instead. I sat on his lap sideways, his hands going straight to my leg "Nothing."

"Oh no."He breathed "When a girl says that it's never a good sign."He chuckles.

I look away smiling at his new knowledge.

"You've had a lot of that kind of experience with girls?"I asked teasingly.

He gulped nervously "No,none. I was just informed by someone."He answered vaguely.

I pulled back a bit to take a better look at his face. "Do you guys gossip?"I asked surprised.

He looked like a dear in headlights "Gossip? Do you think a would have time for that?"His hand twitched on my leg and I gave him a hard look that said 'I know you are lying.'

"Fine. We talked once, but just because all of this is new for me."He motioned around with his hands.

He seemed to read the humor in my eyes and rubbed his face with one hand in humiliation.

"All of what is new to you?"I pressed wanting to hear more.

He looked up at me "This. You." His shining eyes seemed to hold a very foreign emotion for him as if he's scared of it.

"You are right, I did come here to talk to you about something."I rubbed the back of his neck.

He nodded showing me that he is listening. "You know we..."I seemed to be at a loss a loss for words once again. "We are... like together,right? It's just that I don't really know what to call this, a relationship?"

He looks straight into my eyes for a solid minute with his eyebrows drawn together. I start to get nervous and squirm on his lap after a while.

"You are my woman. I am loyal to you. I think about you every second of everyday. So yes I would call this a relationship."Agostino said with a completely serious face. Every single word he said made it troublesome for me to breathe.

"Oh."I answered dumbly.

"So are you my boyfriend?"I asked cringing inwardly because I sounded like a thirteen year old girl.

Agostino seemed to think the same as he chuckled "Don't you think we are too old to use those terms?I'm sorry that we didn't have this conversation earlier and you were left confused as to what we are. That's not what I wanted, I want you to always be enlightened about whatever is going on. " his hand was rubbing slow circles on my back.

I smiled at the man in front of me "Thank you."I whispered kissing him hard on the lips. He eagerly accepted my kiss and seemed disappointed when I pulled away.

"But what do I call you then?"I asked thinking about the couple months that we have been together for.

Agostino smiled "Do you remember how you called yourself at Delirio's Party when you first got here?"He asked with a mischievous smirk on his face.

I thought back to that day and yes, I do remember. I called myself Agostino's fiance. The memory makes me smile because I did it out of spite towards Agostino.

I Nodded and Agostino reached towards towards one of the drawers in his table and pulled out a box.

If it's what I think it is I might as well faint right here. Agostino pops it open and in there proudly stands a huge diamond ring.

This must be some kind of prank, this can't be real. "Diana, would you do me the honor of calling yourself my fiance and then my wife?"I stared at Agostino wide eyed and mouth agape.

Did he just ask me to marry him?

"What?"I asked not believing any of my senses.

Agostino started to look nervous "Diana, will you marry me?"

"Marry?You want to marry me? Why?" I asked because I really couldn't imagine why any guy would want to ever marry me.

Now Agostino seemed to be almost mad,though I'm not sure why he wold be mad.

"What do you mean why? Is it so wrong of me to want to marry the woman I love?"He argued.

"No it's not wrong. It's just that we have only been together for a couple months and..."

"We don't have to get married tomorrow. This is more of a statement and reassurance for you that I'm serious about this and you aren't just another woman I sleep with."Agostino explained.

I shook my head still not able to wrap my head around this.

"When did you even get it?"I asked as he took my hand and started sliding it on my finger.

"At the mall a couple days ago"He said mischievously.

I pursed my lips thinking back to our trip to the mall and how much fun we had, especially in the changing rooms.

He admired my hand with the ring on it and pulled it up to his lips placing a kiss on it."So is it a yes?"He asked hopeful.

I wrapped both my hands around his neck and looked into his green eyes "It's a yes."

**********

I finally uploaded! I'm so sorry it took me so long, but I hope you like this chapter.

Please vote and comment. What did you think of this part?