Eighteen

With wide eyes I stared at the ceiling above me, not able to sleep.

After what happened yesterday in Agostino's office I have not been able to think about anything but that kiss.

That kiss. The kiss that set my whole body on fire and kept it that way many hours after.

After me and Agostino stopped kissing he persisted I take the money. I was too dazed to argue with him and just took it and left.

I could not tell what he felt from his facial expression but if I were to guess it would probably be regret.

Deep regret and disappointment.

However there was also a chance of him feeling hopeful. Hopeful that I was now wrapped around his finger and ready to do anything like a puppy. To be used and played with.

I can't shake off the thoughts of him getting the wrong idea.

I have to get my mind off of this.

Getting up from my bed I made my way to the gym and stood in front of the punching bag.

It's the best stress reliever for me.

It's 6 am and biggest part of the staff is still asleep though not everybody, some guards are always out patrolling the hallways.

I start throwing some cold punches towards the red, sand filled bag hanging in the muddle of the gym.

What we did yesterday is absolutely unacceptable, I'm sure he understands that.

Relationships here aren't allowed and if he wants to relieve himself then there's plenty of women he can get help from that work for him.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly what he did yesterday after I left and now is sleeping in the same bed with his arms around her.

That thought makes me angry for some reason and I start throwing intense punches feeling the skin on my knuckles rip open.

I went at it for few hours. It's now eight o'clock and I'm all sweaty and bloody.

You could say this was a well spent morning.

I stood in the gym for a while, just catching my breath and pushing hair that stuck to my sweat out of my face.

I make my way back to my room undoubtedly reeking of sweat so the only thing that now was on my mind was a shower. A long, hot shower.

And that's what I did. I stood under the hot water pouring down on me in the dark tiled bathroom and fogged up glass around me, not allowing my mind to drift to places it shouldn't drift to.

Like Agostino.

Damn it. I thought of him again.

It feels like for the past couple of days he is the only thing my mind has been occupied with.

Hopefully with time it will pass.

Getting out of the shower I dried my self, got dressed and blow dried my hair.

Before I could leave my bathroom I heard a knock on my bedroom door.

I made my way towards the door and opened it revealing one of the guards on duty today.

He nodded at me in a greeting "Agostino requested you in his office." he said and I wordlessly nodded back at him.

And this is where I became a nervous wreck.

I rarely get nervous but lately I have noticed it happen pretty often and it's always Agostino's fault.

As I make my way towards his office I think of all the possible scenarios that could happen behind those doors.

Is he expecting anything from me? Does this make me one of his girls? Is he going to kill me if I reject him? I mean, to be honest I'm not too worried about that part just like I have never been. But being a prostitute has never exactly been on my wish list.

I stop in front of his office door and after taking several deep breaths finally knock.

This time I hear a clear 'come in' from the other side, and I do.

As soon as I walk in Agostino looks up and smiles at me.

He doesn't smirk, he smiles. Something I haven't had the pleasure of seeing him do often and it is absolutely breath taking.

He gets up from his chair and makes his way towards me "Hello Diana."

"Hi" I say in a somewhat smooth voice.

But as he gets closer he sees the hesitance on my face and stops.

"Is everything fine?" he asks looking at my face intensely.

I clear my throat "yeah."

"So why did you request for me?" I ask with a straight face making my way around him towards the table.

He is quiet for a second and I hear some shuffling after a moment he speaks " Well.. I wanted to talk to you...about yesterday."

I quickly answer before he can say anything more "Yeah and I think you can agree with me that it was a mistake."

I turn around to look at him and see him holding something in his hands and then look up at his face and see that he is confused.

Did I say something wrong? Did he not feel the same way? Hell I don't think even I felt that way and that's what assured me that all my emotions were completely messed up.

He looks down at the blue velvet box in his hands and then back at me, no longer confused but instead emotionless, looking like he feels nothing.

"Yeah.. a mistake.. I mean if that's what you see it as. Anyway I just wanted to give you this as an apology and I hope that what happened yesterday won't effect our professional relationship." he said looking looking very uncomfortable.

He came near me and pushed the long, narrow box into my hand brushing his fingers with mine, what seemed like purposely.

I slowly opened the box and gasped.

Inside was a silver bracelet with stones scattered all around it, they looked like diamonds but I doubt he would gift me something so expensive.

"I didn't know what kind of jewellery you like but when I saw this I just automatically thought of you. Do you like it?"he said in his soothing voice, still standing in front of me.

I looked up at him " It's beautiful." I said breathlessly

He smiled at that and his eyes seemed to light up with childlike excitement.

I gulped and shook my head "But I can't accept it. "

His eyes quickly lost a part of it's spark but he persisted "Of course you can! I bought it for you. It's a gift. "

I started shaking my head again but he took the bracelet out of the box and started wrapping it around my olive skinned wrist.

"I don't see a reason for you to not accept it. It's a gift and I don't want anything in return for it if that's what you were worried about." he explained slowly as if talking to a child.

He clasped it on my hand and I couldn't stop looking at the way the stones were sparkling in the light, it looked almost magical.

Wow. Since when do I even think of anything as magical? I'm definitely going crazy.

"Why? Why did you get this for me?" I looked up into his eyes that were already staring at me.

He lifted his hand and pushed away a strand of hair in the process brushing my cheek "I already said it's an apology."

"Do you accept it?"he asked hopeful.

Did I even have a choice? "Yes."