Twenty-two

"You, I just want you!"

I stared back at Agostino in shock.

He wants me and I guess I knew it but it seems like I knew it not the way he meant it.

He is looking at me with wide eyes like he can't believe he just said that, breathing hard and just all together looking absolutely frantic.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked in a breathy voice.

"Cazzo!" he spat running his hands up his face and into his hair messing it up.

Ahh I wish I knew Italian.

He walks back towards the set up table and sits down on one of the chairs in silence leaving me behind.

He places his elbows on the table and drops his head into his hands.

After a bit of a silent debate in my head I decide to join him at the table.

I walked over slowly because frankly this behaviour of his was slightly scaring me.

He looked up at me with hooded eyes as I sat down across from him.

He looked... lost, like he himself didn't know what was going on so I can't even begin to imagine what I was supposed to think.

He then grabbed a wine bottle off the table, popped it open and poured some in his glass gulping it down like water.

"Your behaviour is slightly scaring me." I state after feeling like this silence has been dragging on for too long.

He laughed humourlessly " Really ? I have been scaring myself for a while now."

"Why?" I ask dumbfounded.

"Because of you" came his short reply

But before I could throw out a protest he spoke up again.

"You know what?" he said looking uncertainly up at me "You are right, I do just want to sleep with you, that's all."

"I just gotta get you out of my system." he whispered to himself but I heard it.

I gulped unable to comprehend what he was saying.

Was it true? Was everything I had been afraid of all this time finally becoming a reality?

"Now?" I asked in a shaky breath

God, only this man can make me be so vulnerable.

Agostino sat in silence analysing me with his green eyes that looked darker than usual, his jaw clenched making it look sharper than it already was.

He shook his head " No. Tomorrow, I will pick you up from your room at eight."

I nodded and wordlessly got up from the chair walking towards the doors to finally escape my misery.

"Wait" he continues when I stopped walking " We can just have dinner now. Why waste all this food?" he asked hopeful

Is he seriously expecting me to just sit down and have innocent dinner with him like nothing ever happened?

"Sorry" I turned around giving him a fake smile that he obviously noticed "But I lost my appetite."

At that Agostino's face changed. He looked guilty and.... sad. I never knew that this is a mix of emotions I would ever be able to see on the face of a ruthless killer.

As I opened the door and stepped outside with one foot out I saw Dom approaching with a wicked grin gracing his lips, probably having already seen everything behind that door.

"Hey, you hungry?" I asked as he approached me.

He rubbed his belly still with a grin on his face " Yeah, I guess I could grab something to eat" he said looking behind me at the not fully closed door.

"Perfect" I grabbed his collar " And loose that shit eating grin off your face"

He immediately frowned at me

Pulling him by his collar I opened the slightly ajar door much wider to be able to fit a person trough.

I pulled Dom, whose eyes almost budged out of his sockets as he saw an angry standing Agostino inside of his office.

Once he saw Agostino, he quickly straitened himself and adjusted his collar.

"Here you go, I'm sure there's enough food for the two of you. Don't worry none of its been touched so you've got the upper hand Dom." I explained frantically

I don't know why I let anger take control of me but once again that's exactly what is controlling my actions right now.

"I guess it didn't go as expected" he mumbled to himself, now assuring me that he knew all about this.

"Oh so you knew about all this too? I thought we were actually getting along Dom." I said disappointed

He looked at me confused " We are getting along. What are you talking about?"

"You know what I'm talking about. You can now go ahead and feed each other mashed potatoes and talk about what an idiot I am."

"Diana" Agostino growled coming closer to me.

"Don't Diana me! Tomorrow at eight right? Great! I'll make sure to dress as slutty as possible, I mean it's a special occasion right?" I say anger lacing my every word.

And with that I turned around and left thinking- Why would I say that?

*****
Alright so I've been thinking if I should write a chapter in Agostino's point of view.

I originally planned to write this whole book only in the female POV but if you guys would like Agostino's POV please tell because I feel like that could be very interesting.

Please VOTE and COMMENT telling me what you think, I really appreciate it! ❤️❤️