Thirty-six

"So you're really doing this?" Evelyn asked passing some of my folded clothes to me.

I bit my lip "Yeah.... It feels right, you know."

She nodded " I get it."

We smiled at each other while she passed me the clothes and I stuffed them in the grey suitcase.

"I'll miss you" she said sadly.

I snorted "Don't be so dramatic. You'll survive."

She laughed "Yeah, but now you won't be here to put everybody in their place."

"It will be fine, just like it was before I got here." I said zipping up one of by bags.

She nodded " Yeah it will be fine, but when you did get here it got better than fine, it became great, though you probably didn't even realise it."

I cocked my eyebrow at her in question.

She sighed dramatically and plopped down on the bed.

"Do you really have to go?" She asked again in a small voice.

"Evelyn, you'll be fine, I'll visit as often as possible and I'm sure you can visit too, I mean you are the closest friend I have ever had." I reminded her.

She smiled happily " I really want to visit, can we go like shopping together and stuff?"

I smiled at her "Of course! I do own a mall now, remember?"

Before she could say anything back we heard commotion outside, though it sounded like it was far from the room, it was loud enough for us to acknowledge it .

Me and Evelyn looked at each other "What is that?" she asked.

I went to open the door wordlessly in hopes that it's nothing serious.

We both peeked out trough the open door down the hallway but weren't able to see anything. W decided to move towards the sound, which seemed to be coming from the club area.

"I'm scared." She whispered behind me.

"It's fine, probably two idiots arguing." I assured her, though I wasn't exactly assured myself.

As we got to the opening of the club the the scene in front of me was something I will never forget.

So much was going on, men running around, ordering people, some hooting, some of Agostino's men were dead on the floor. But most importantly Agostino himself was standing in the middle of the room with a gun pointed at his face.

His body seemed to be completely relaxed as if this was an every day practice.

However when his eyes focused on me his whole body got tense. His eyes were urging me to go back where I came from but me being me I just stepped further into the club to assess the situation, I was not about to let Agostino die without even trying to do anything.

The person behind me had to be Delirio, it had to be. I took a step closer to the person who was pointing a gun in Agostino's face, their back was stull turned to me. I was about to call out Delirio's name however they must have noticed Agostino's eyes looking behind him so they turned around. 

And what I saw was not at all what I was expecting.

The tall, dark haired man looked at me with very dark, familiar eyes "Diana."

The way he said my name made shivers run down my spine. I haven't heard his voice in so long, and I wished I wouldn't have heard it ever again but here I am.

"Father." I acknowledged him with a slight nod of my head.

Agostino was clearly shocked to learn this information aswell as the rest of the people in that room.

"How is my little girl doing?" He asked looking over my whole body.

" Oh I was doing great before you showed up, thanks for asking." I said with clear distaste on my face.

"Well that's not very nice, is it?" He asked in a slight Russian accent that he always had and started coming closer tome.

"I was just having a quick conversation with your boss over there." He mentioned with his had towards Agostino.

"Wait, you are Ivan's daughter?" He asked with pain lacing his every word.

"Yes, but it's not what you think, I haven't seen him in years, Really I don't have anything to do with this."

Ivan cut me off " oh, but that doesn't mean that I also haven't been seeing you, or having my men follow your every step all these years."

He looked back at Agostino, still standing in his place unmoving with a face of a wild animal "I must say, I'm really impressed, you have wrapped the Italian mafia around your finger, if only this had been a different situation I would have let you two marry and have heirs together. The Russian and Italian mafia would have ruled the world together. Unfortunately that's not what I'm here for." He turned back to Agostino and pointed a gun at his face again walking towards him.

"Why?" I exclaimed "Why are you doing all of this?"

He turned back to me irritated "Because my little bitch of a daughter run away from home, embarrassing the whole family and is now making plans with our enemy." He was now shouting.

"We had people here that worked for us this whole time, trying to make our plan of destroying them a reality for a really long time now, but you had to come along and ruin everything."

"What have I ruined, what did I do?" I asked confused.

He snickered " You made this idiot become so obsessed with you that he got all of his security upgraded and it had become almost impossible for us to get in here. You were always able to get your nose into anything I was working on you bitch."

I could barely hold myself back now and I think he noticed he change in my face. He pointed the gun at me as soon as I took a step towards him.

This made Agostino take a step forward also however he stopped right in his tracks as all guns in the room turned and pointed at him.

"Evelyn, come here!" My father exclaimed which left me confused.

This whole time she was standing behind me as if hiding in hopes of not being seen. She dragged her feet forward as she heard the command and walked towards Ivan. 

"Here." He gave her a gun "Watch her." He pointed at me sternly.

She pointed the gun at me with her hands shaking like crazy. The guilty look on her face was everything I needed to know she had been with them this whole time.

And at this point I didn't know what was the truth anymore, all I knew was that I had to explain myself to Agostino and get us out of this situation.