Fade to black

I kept a safe distance behind them, Enough that I wouldn't lose them but they wouldn't spot me. I didn't bother turning on my GPS, Considering I was following them; They obviously knew where they were going. It felt like I had been driving for hours, Which in fact - I had been driving for hours. I didn't think they'd be going out of town or so far out of town but apparently where ever they were headed... It was out of the way.

They finally pulled into a small cafe's parking lot, I knew for a fact that they did not drive all the way to New York just for a coffee. 

I parked my car at the side of the building, Being able to see them walk into the back entrance but also being able to see the front entrance. What could they possibly be all the way out here for? I thought to myself, Only one frightening thought came to mind. The one girl who was known to run, The one girl who was on the move.. Alison. I had heard about a cafe she was staying at from time to time, But  never really took any interest in it; It could be a hit or miss, I assumed it was a miss.

The cafe was hard to miss, It's stained glass window popped out from a mile away - Imagery of a deep crimson crescent moon; Along with a lady singing into a gold plated vintage  microphone. 'The mocking bird'  was the infamous name of the cafe.

I seen a dark shadow approaching the back entrance where the girls had entered only a few minutes ago, I took a closer look and recognized the familiar face. Noel Khan

Alison was definitely here, If Noel is around.. its because of her. When I was doing research I tailed Noel, He was always with Ali; Like her personal body guard. I didn't blame her, There is someone out there trying to kill her but Noel for protection? 

Then again, I never took a liking to Noel, Especially since he went out with Aria. But from all the things I gathered from following him, He was never any harm to any one.. He was protecting Ali the whole time and was just trying to figure who was after her.

I decided to stay inside my car, Knowing if I went in; It would cause major chaos. Not only from Spencer, Hanna and Emily but also from Alison and Noel. 

I had barely spoken to Alison after the night she had went missing, I was rude and aggressive; That much I will admit.. But she was in the wrong. I can't really say much any more about Alison lying about her age though, Considering Aria did the same thing. At the time I didn't know Aria's exact age, I thought she was a sophomore but she wasn't. Never the less, I love Aria and it pains me to say it but if it wasn't for Ali and her deceitful ways; I would of never met Aria.

An hour had passed, I had been checking my watch every five minutes.. It felt like eternity. I just wanted Aria to leave, To come home but I knew they were all there for a reason. They needed answers, But one thing they had not realized, I have almost the exact same answers as Alison does.  I was writing a book on her after all, Whats a book if I can't even describe in great detail all of the events that happened the night she disappeared? But they needed to hear it from Ali, They wouldn't believe me. It had been over two years since they really sat down and talked to her, Even then Ali barely gave them answers

Another dark figure started to approach the front of the entrance, Carrying something with in there gloved hand. My eyes bulged as the black hooded attacker swiftly swung whatever was with in there hand at the stained glass window, Shattering it with in seconds. shards of glass flying in every direction, I took a closer look and realized the sneaky bastard was wearing a ski mask. It was past obvious that it was -A, But I knew what they were capable of.. The girls didn't.

Just as quickly as the glass shattered, -A stepped inside the window.. Going after the girls. I could hear Aria's heart wrenching; blood curling screams.

I put on my navy blue baseball cap along with a light black coat; Knowing this wouldn't disguise me but I was kind of use to the get up.. Considering I was in it 99.9 percent of the time yet I had never got caught.

I jumped out my car, Closing the door quickly and running across the street to the new window entrance of the cafe. 

Making sure I didn't cut myself, I jumped over the shards of glass that laid on the ground; 

I seen the window in the far left open, The wind blowing in. It was my only choice, They could of been anywhere in this place.

I climbed through the window, Realizing there was no where to go but up. 

I got up to the rooftop, Hearing the commotion of the girls and there attacker. I showed my presence ''Ezra?'' Aria asked confused,I was taken back by the next series of events.

I was caught in the crossfire, And that's not just a metaphor; I could smell fresh gun powder as it neared closer to me, I looked over at Aria; Almost like an apology.

I always thought the way I would leave this earth was with a bang, And now.. I guess I did; Just not in the way I wanted. I wanted to leave something significant behind, Something spectacular that everybody would remember me by; And I did.. But I didn't want to leave my child behind. If I would of thought this was how I was going to go, On an unknown rooftop in the middle of New york surrounded by the one I love, While her angered friends glared at me and -A wanted nothing more then to just get me out of the way.. I would of spent this past week with Aria, Which I did.. But with out the fighting.. With out the anger. I would of put it all aside.

The sudden impact of the fresh blown bullet lodging itself into my stomach knocked the wind out of me, But I was doing my best to not let it be the death of me. I stumbled backwards, Holding onto my chest. 

I walked to the side of the rooftop, Looking up at the deep night sky; The colours more vibrant then the many nights before. 'Isn't it beautiful.' I thought to myself, Smiling the weakest smile. ''Ezra?'' I heard Aria ask.. I could hear the clicking of her heels approaching me. ''isn't is beautiful?'' I asked her as I held my stomach; Feeling the massive amounts of blood rush down my body. I felt Aria's presence beside me as a gut wrenching scream escaped her lips ''Oh my god'' 

Her words came as a rush to me, The ringing of her voice lingering in my head. I started to fall to the ground, Not being able to handle my weight any more. Aria grasped me, Making sure I didn't hurt myself. ''I'm sorry.'' I told her weakly, Close to a whisper. ''I'm sorry, Aria.'' I said once more, Knowing she knew what I meant. Sorry for the past, Sorry for every bad thing I ever did. Sorry for hurting her, Sorry for showing up, Sorry for leaving Aria and our child behind and going on to my next destination. ''Ezra, Don't do this.  Keep your eyes open, Do you hear me! Don't do this.'' She cried, Knowing the life was fleeting from me. My eyes started to get heavy, The air was no longer easy to breathe in and the sharp pain of the bullet moved inside of me. I couldn't stay conscious, No matter how hard I tried; I couldn't.. My eyes closed as my life faded to black. The life being sucked from me quicker then I thought. Aria's face was the last thing I seen, I was okay with that.. I was more then okay for taking a bullet for her; In the end I was a hero, But also.. I lost.