i. two worlds.

Arzaya

"Arzaya? Babe, can you bring my hoodie down here?"

I slightly flinched at the sound of his voice, rushing as I put a towel on my wet hair.

"Arzaya!"

"Coming!" I yelled back, grabbing the black Vetements hoodie that he left atop the bed. I carefully took it considering it costs some gold and I sprinted down the stairs.

He was impatiently tapping his foot and looking at his watch by the time I reached him. He grabbed his jacket from my grasp and quickly put it on.

"I should've got this myself if I knew it'd take you that long."

I pursed my lips. "Sorry, you know I was in the shower."

He walked towards his suitcase while slinging his Louis Vuitton duffel over his shoulder.

"Do you really have to go?" I asked, hoping he'd actually stay although that wouldn't happen.

"You know I do. I have a flight to catch," he said, before walking closer to give me a quick peck on the lips. "I'll see you in a month, okay? Try not to be too sad without me."

He lifted his luggage and walked towards the front door and I really felt the urge to try and block him there. He only stayed for a week and now he's leaving again. And even when he's here, it felt like he wasn't.

"Wait," I called. "Jackson!"

He turned to me with furrowed brows. "What?"

I chewed on my lower lip. "Nothing, sorry. Please call me as soon as you land in Hong Kong, okay?"

And just like that, he gave me a mere nod before actually leaving our apartment. And just like that, I was once again alone in this huge, luxurious apartment that I was supposed to have shared with him.

I understand that he had a lot of business trips to go to and especially now that his parents are already training him to be the CEO. He was the sole heir to a top conglomerate run by his family. I knew I shouldn't be complaining about his lack of time and instead, just support him for actually working hard.

The thing is, it just saddens me that the busier he gets, the less he spends actual time with me. I can't even remember the last time we had sex, not that it's all that I'm looking for him.

He just wasn't the same Jackson that I met in college. The one who helped me move on from a painful breakup. The one who stood by me when things went bad. He was one of the few people that I actually shared a connection with during my stay in Stanford, that's why it was sad to see him transitioning to a different Jackson.

This new Jackson was trying to shower me with expensive things which now actually felt like some consolation prize. I honestly didn't need all the luxury, but it was his lifestyle so I learned to adjust from it too.

And he didn't even let me work. At all. He claimed that it hurt his ego that I still want to earn when he could easily get me anything I wanted. I mean, he basically covers the bills and all expenses.

But really, that just made feel like I was some gold digger and I didn't want that. I want an actual work. I want to earn my own money to feel a sense of accomplishment. I didn't graduate Stanford just to be kept at home waiting for the days to pass by until my boyfriend comes back home again.