xix. young is beautiful

Arzaya

"What's poppin, mami from another punani?"

D'Angelo had been the first one to greet me as soon as they arrived the cafe. I've been sitting alone not too long, but enough for me to appreciate the beautiful sunny afternoon weather today.

"Isn't that supposed to be sister from another mother?" I chuckled, hugging him from my seat. Of course in D'Angelo language, it's gonna be different. "Missed you."

Ben and Devin soon followed, also exchanging hugs with me as if we haven't seen each other for the longest time. Well, the last I've seen them was actually almost 2 months ago.

"You're getting big," Devin pointed out, sitting next to D'Angelo while Ben sat next to me.

"Oh, shut up." I drank from my juice. "Don't say that to a pregnant woman."

He chuckled before relaxing on his seat. Ben had then taken a long stare at me and smiled.

"So how's it been?" he asked. "I feel like I missed a lot of occasions with you guys. I barely know anything about you."

Was it a good idea to even tell him what happened? Because frankly, nothing great has been going on as far as my life is concerned.

I lost my most loving father. Been physically, sexually, and emotionally abused. Been brainwashed. Been kept as a mistress without my knowledge. Been assaulted that I almost lost myself in the midst of the horror that has become my life. The only light I've had so far was having my twin angels. They gave me strength and security that I could never have from anyone else. These angels inside me changed my life.

"A lot has happened, I don't even know where to start." I released an awkward chuckle. "Umm, but how are you, Simmons? I haven't caught up."

"You know he getting busy with a Kardashian," D'Angelo spilled.

My eyes widened. "For real? Which one? Kylie?"

Ben shook his head and punched Dlo on the shoulder playfully. "It's an on and off thing."

"Yeah, what he said." D'Angelo shrugged. "And it's the skinny tall sister, by the way, not Kylie."

"Oh."

"Why?" Ben egged on, teasingly. "Are you jealous? You know I can always go back to you, just like old times." Then he sent me a playful wink.

I rolled my eyes and laughed. "Stop. Why would I be? I actually think you two make such a cute couple. Both tall and attractive."

Ben looked like he literally didn't wanna talk about it though. "Yeah, yeah. She's a supermodel and all. The attention became wild these days."

Devin scrunched his nose. "Yeah. Especially when you have sides, that's pretty scary."

I looked at him intrigued. "Oh my god, Benjamin Simmons. You have sidehoes? While you have a girlfriend?"

Oh, what's new with these NBA stars. Groupies are always lurking. I wonder if Steph has them too.

He simply shrugged. "She sleeps around, I sleep around. I told you it's nothing exclusive."

"Right." I nodded. "But that's sad. You boys I know y'all are bachelors, you like to do taste tests and take home a few then move on the next, I get that. But when you become older, you're gonna wanna settle with somebody and at this point it's nice for you guys to find the one you'll actually invest love on."