xx. two birds, one stone

Stephen

"Everyone, that was a nice game!"

Coach Kerr entered the locker room as we all rested. The home game against the Pistons was a blowout and I was able go get my stats even higher with the score I got today.

It seemed like my 3's don't work nowadays, so I really had to focus on scoring points-in-the-paint as suggested by Kerr, and I can't deny he was right about it.

"Just keep doing what we're doing," Kerr added, acknowledging the other players. "I really like how you played out there, McCaw. Keep it up! Nice assists from you too, Steph. Also, you Kevin. Good job taking the perimeter shots. Defense was a plus, Klay."

"What about me?" Draymond whined as if he was a gradeschooler wishing to get stars stamped on his hand.

Kerr patted his back in amusement. "I'm just happy you didn't get a technical." Then he turned to all of us. "All of you rest well, especially those who are coming to the All-Star weekend. See you Friday!"

With that, he left the locker room and the guys were back to chattering.

Every time we play, I felt like a part of me was missing. I wasn't even exaggerating when I said that Arzaya does complete me. It seemed as if she was part of my daily routines that when she left, I hadn't been the same way. She was like that one puzzle piece that always seemed to get lost.

2 months felt like 2 years already.

"We're halfway to the season," Andre noted as he sat across me.

I nodded. "Can't wait till it's over. We gonna play golf in the offseason, man."

"That reminds me," he brought up. "What are you planning this postseason? Do we have to buy ourselves some nice tux?"

"Yeah, who's your best man?" Dray asked. "I heard that Draymond guy is a real one."

I shook my head in a flippant manner. "I don't even know if that wedding is really coming."

"Ooh-la-la!" Ian Clark hooted.

Although Ayesha had been really nice these days, I couldn't feel that certain feeling when I was with Zay. I could live a day without Ayesha, but without Arzaya? I was a total wreck.

Shay casually walked inside the locker room as if she wasn't surrounded with guys who were trying to change. I wasn't surprised.

David West eyed her as he put on another sleeve on his right arm. "Yo, you really give zero fūcks on who's inside the locker room, huh."

"Yeah, just like your playing time—zero," Shay retorted. "Old trash ass."

I chuckled before I got up from the bench and walked towards my locker. I took the pink sweater from the hanger and put it on.

"Klay, can you hurry the fūck up?" Shay nagged. "I'm really hungry!"

Klay didn't say anything. He just went to change in silence.

I rarely encounter these two having an actual fight and I really couldn't understand why they were never problematic. They've been together for 8 years and never have they ever broken up. If anything, they should get married and not me.