xiv. ever since new york

surprise don't sleep yet cuz issa double update!

---

Stephen

"Check," Draymond's voice nearly pushed me off the seat.

I returned my attention to him to see that he placed a Queen near my King. "How the hell did my Rook magically disappear?"

He snickered at me. "Maybe if you paid more focus into playing chess and not the stare-at-Arzaya-while-she's-sleeping game, maybe you'd know how."

I flipped him off. "I wasn't staring."

"And they say aliens exist," he retorted.

"Weak. This is why I always preferred D'Lo over you." I pretended to look at him in disappointment. "He's wittier. No doubt he's popular with his squad in LA."

Draymond snorted. "Watch him get traded next year."

I tried to sneak another glance at Arzaya who sat beside Klay on the plane and she was still on a deep slumber.

"How many hours till we land NYC?" I inquired the other guys.

"About two more hours," Andre answered beside Dray.

"Why?" Kevin asked me. "You that excited to play?"

I shook my head and pushed the chessboard away. "Nah, just wanna sleep comfortably in the hotel."

"Yo, don't try and be a headass. We gonna rock some clubs tonight," Draymond said.

"Are we even allowed?" I raised a brow at him. "We can't party during regular season, we ain't on a break."

Dray simply let out a snort. "They should pay me more so I can actually follow their rules."

I was about to say something until I got cut off.

"Don't, please."

We all turned to the womanly voice to see Arzaya talking while she slept.

Klay tried to shake her in worry. "Arzaya?"

I got up from my seat and hurried towards them. "Klay, what's wrong?"

He shrugged while looking at her. Arzaya stirred from her sleep before mumbling stop.

She was dreaming.

Wait no, she was having a nightmare.

"Can we switch?" I almost pleaded. Klay looked like he didn't want to let her go but I knew he trusted me.

"Don't say or do something stupid," he told me before getting up and leaving his seat vacant. "Shay told me Zaya pushes herself not to sleep at night because she's having nightmares."

I looked at Arzaya who slept so peacefully. At least she was resting now.

"I think she needs to rest for a while," he suggested. "I don't know why she agreed to fly with us today."