vi. no more parties in LA

Arzaya

"Happy birthday, Zaya!" Klay put an arm around me while he cheerfully skipped as we head towards the team plane.

Our flight to LA was a little too early in the morning so the guys would have time to rest and practice. It would only take an estimated 1 hour and 40 mins from San Fran to LA so they would definitely have enough time to prepare for the game tonight.

"Thanks, Klay." I smiled radiantly before I noted, "You look like you're in such a good mood today."

He stayed dragging me along as we walked. "I don't know. I have a feeling we'll win today."

"It's just the Lakers. Of course you guys will get the W." I chuckled, raising my eyebrows up and down.

And Klay shrugged playfully in response. "You wanna sit with me in the plane?"

I looked to see if he was serious. "I mean, if it's okay."

"Yeah, it is," he said in reassurance. "I don't have anyone to sit with anyway."

For some reason, I felt that meant something deeper than intended and I was really curious about it.

"Are you not close with your teammates?" I asked.

"I am with Steph and Dray since we all go way back high school," he quickly answered. "But some of our other teammates left so I'm not that comfortable with the new ones yet."

To think of it, that was a very 'Klay' kind of attitude. He does take time warming up to someone and I understood it. He's always been like that. Always been the silent one.

"So, you do feel awkward. I felt that," I noted. "I can tell you're most awkward with Kevin since he's getting closer to Steph and Dray."

He smiled and didn't say anything but in that way, he only confirmed it more.

"Hey!"

Stephen came out of the plane's door, looking at us with furrowed brows.

"Can't y'all go any faster?" he yelled just as we were getting near the plane.

"Yep! Coming," Klay merely replied, watching as Steph came back inside. Once he was out of earshot, Klay let out a snicker. "He's always having his period whenever he sees you."

I looked at Klay in playful sarcasm. "Tell me about it."

The plane boarded as soon as everyone got settled and everyone seemed to be conditioning their mind throughout the flight.

No one was talking and it was dead silent in the plane. Draymond and Steph were sleeping, Kevin and Andre were listening to music, the the younger players Ian and Patrick were playing chess, the rest of the other players were doing their own thing.

The aura just seemed so different for what I was familiar with. Last year's team had so much chemistry in them; they bonded very well with each other, they were personally close with each teammate, and everyone liked each other. All the guys knew that Stephen and Klay were the main stars of the team and no one was showing hints of envy and jealousy. This closeness then transcended into their plays where anyone could see how they knew each other so well, they know where a certain teammate would go that's why most of their flashy behind-the-back and no look passes were most of the time connecting.