xii. that's love

please appreciate the length of this chapter 😂 this is my longest yet

---

Arzaya

Maybe I just got used to Jackson hitting me.

Because when we got back home and he didn't lay a finger on me, I was beyond shocked. In fact, even when we woke up, he never showed any of his abusive tendencies.

For the first time, it was a relief.

But I knew better not to get caught up and prepare myself from the storm that was coming any time of the day.

"What time are you broadcasting today?" he asked, pulling me on to his lap as he sat on the couch.

I was nervous.

"Um, tip off is around six," I answered, feeling tensed.

"Then, I guess we still have a lot of time for ourselves," he whispered on my ear before slowly kissing my neck. His hand snaked around my leg and I was starting to get fidgety. "I feel like I'm in the mood for round two."

I let out an uncomfortable laugh while I tried to squirm out of his grasp, but he guided my other leg around him so I could sit on his lap while facing him.

"This is all mine, you get me?" he claimed, eyeing and tracing my body completely. "You're all mine."

I never was.

He started kissing down at the valley between my breasts and I almost regretted having to wear a tank top.

"Jackson," I spoke in a low voice, trying to push him slightly. I can't anger him. If I did, I'd be screaming and whimpering on the bed again. "You're going to be late for work."

He didn't budge, instead he kissed me sloppily on the lips while giving my ass a tight squeeze.

While I closed my eyes, I could see him gripping my hair tight while he pounded my brains out. Helpless. The memory made my heart race and it had me trembling in anxiety.

"Jackson," I almost begged as I pulled away. My heart was beating at a rapid pace. 

I was expecting him to slap my face or choke me by the throat but he only sighed in restrained frustration before looking back at me.

He knew I was thinking of that night. I was far too scarred to try and forget it.

"Arzaya," his voice sounded cautious as he eyed my uneasiness. "Did you think I forced myself on you?"

I held my breath until he made me face him surprisingly gently. He just had to bring that up.

"Listen, I didn't force sex on you okay?" he insisted as if he was trying to get it in my head. "I didn't rape you. I didn't. You were willing to do it."

Why couldn't I open my mouth to say anything?

"Are we clear about that, Arzaya?" he reiterated, looking for me to say yes.

I simply nodded because it was all I could do.

---

"Let's check in to Arzaya to hear how the Warriors have improved their offense coming into the second quarter. Arzaya?"

I looked at the camera crew as they signaled. "And we're live in three, two, one."

"Mike, I sat in with the Warriors earlier as Steve Kerr discussed the ball rotation in which the team is setting in their plays," I spoke from the mic. "Kerr asked the guys to take it one step at a time and not panic, there's still so much time left in the clock, apply the fundamentals, and make sure that they keep their fast-paced offense. Insofar as Stephen Curry is playing, Kerr feels more confident that he is slightly improving from his past few games and he insists that the other players should go maintain the open shot opportunities between Curry and Durant while Draymond and Klay are locked in on D. Mike?"