xxxii. nice for what

this is a reach but can we get blessed to 100k soon? aaaaa that would be really awesome 😭 btw here's a new update. please vote & comment!

Stephen

I forgot how many times I've spaced out throughout this whole "dinner date" with Ayesha. All I know was that she was talking non-stop about how happy her day was because of me. I wish I could say the same.

But right now, I couldn't erase the memory of how Zay looked when I told her I wasn't coming home with her. If only I could've explained what I was trying to do, but I had to risk it just so we can avoid any unnecessary drama in front of everyone else.

"Stephen, are you even listening to me?" Ayesha asked, irritation slowly building up.

I cut out of trance and gave her the slightest nod. "Yeah, yeah. I just zoned out, sorry. Was thinking of the game."

She exhaled, trying the least to be patient before she smiled. "That's okay. Like I said, you were really great out there. You make me a hell of a proud girlfriend."

I laughed along. "Riiight."

Thankfully, the waiter came to attend to us to save me from the incoming awkward tension. I whipped my head over to him real quick.

"Wine, sir? Madame?" he offered, courteously.

"Yes, please," I replied, pushing my glass forward as I watched him pour wine.

All the while I could see Ayesha getting more and more impatient towards the waiter. I was already mentally rehearsing my mini speech.

First, get to her good side.

Then, break it off with her.

Good thing I brought her to a public place because the only way I could try and talk some sense into her is when there are people around so she wouldn't dare react as livid as she normally would.

As soon as the waiter left us alone, I cleared my throat and was ready to bring up the topic.

"Esha, we n—"

"I have everything cleaned up," she happily said, cutting me off. "New sheets, new towels. I knew you were gonna spend the night so I prepared."

I was growing confused. "Oh, that..."

She then put her hand above mine and traced it with her fingers. "I mean, it's been a while since we last... you know. I really missed you, baby."

Damn, Stephen. You need to focus.

"Aight, Ish. You getting this all wrong," I clarified, hoping she wouldn't make a scene. "I have the love of my life back home. I'm not gonna spend the night."

Almost instantly, she laughed at me like I was the biggest joke ever. "Yeah? You love her so much that you're here with me?"

I shook my head in denial. "Don't get it twisted. You know why I'm here."

"Oh, my head feels so light," she acted dizzy, chuckling. "Baby, I think you need to take me home. I'm getting tipsy from all the wine, I think."

And just like that, she grabbed her purse and walked out on me.

"Fuck!" I cursed under my breath and tried to keep my composure. This wasn't how it was supposed to end up. I was supposed to have ended things now but she always managed to divert the situation so I wouldn't have the chance to address this thing between us.