xvi. the right kind of wrong

Arzaya

I was finally back to work since I took a break from November and the first thing the crew told me was how they were so glad to have me again.

I actually felt bad because I've been nothing but problematic as the Warriors reporter yet they still put up with me.

The moment I reach my 7th month I would have my pregnancy leave again but the good thing is it was on the offseason so I didn't have to worry about my absence.

I delivered my halftime report as the boys came back to play against the Lakers for the last time this season. Draymond kept joking around with Coach Walton on their bench which only shows how Lakers and Warriors were never really rivals.

In present time, at least.

Being back in Oracle arena really felt like home again. Every time the fans chanted WAAARRIORS it felt like music to my ears. I loved being here and around these people while supporting the team that I have grown personally attached to.

The game finally ended and the Warriors took the W. I was asked to get Stephen for the post-game interview so I approached him—this was for the first time since November that I get to interview him again.

"Steph, you played well tonight and you took some good shots outside the arc," I spoke from the mic while I looked at him. "Did you feel good coming into this game? What made you feel so driven to get the W?"

He thought. "Uh, well I did felt good during shootaround this morning. I think that just transcended into the warm ups and then to the actual game. I've always been driven to win a game, but sometimes it also depends on the consistency that we show as players and I definitely want to be consistent with playing as I did today."

I nodded. "You had about six steals for tonight which also helped a lot in terms of defense. How do you feed off the D?"

Before I realized it, Stephen suppressed a chuckle at my last question.

I sent him a look, telling him that we were on broadcast.

"Um, how do I feed off the D?" He laughed to himself. This broadcast suddenly became awkward. "Well, you just have that opportunities where you get looks so it's best to take advantage of that. You know the guys are playing good defensively, especially Klay, and it makes you feel like you wanna lock your opponent down like that. Defense is something we prioritize along with our offense because that's what makes it a balanced game."

"Alright, thanks Steph," I told him before I turned back to the camera.

But he suddenly leaned at my mic to speak again. "She's having twins, by the way."

I stood in surprise as he left grinning. I heard Jeff and the other commentators laughing at the background before I sent the broadcast back to them.

Stephen just announced on live television that we were having twins.

---

Steph and I didn't even talk this morning since last night but in front of the camera we were acting civil and everything.

Maybe I overreacted.

I walked towards the team's locker room and found D'Angelo in there. I headed towards Stephen's side and waited for him to finish packing.