vii. nba (nothing but amazing)

im just wondering, how do u guys say Arzaya's name? is it ar-zeh-ya or ar-zah-ya? (the first one's correct tho 😄)

---

Arzaya

So it's been 5 days.

We just arrived in New Orleans yesterday and it was the second time I'd be going with the team on their road game. In a few hours the game would start and the guys were already preparing at the locker room.

I was able to work peacefully these past few days. Stephen and I rarely crossed each other's paths and I was lucky enough that all the reports I had to submit were directed to KD.

Just like what he said, he stayed out of my way while I stayed out of his. I was getting used to it. In fact, I prefer it.

Ayesha would still come to practice but there was one time when I overheard Coach Kerr was talking to Steph about it.

"It's nice to see Ayesha and all," Coach Kerr issued the matter. "But I'd like you to focus solely on training when it's training hours. I'm sure you have a lot of time to see her outside work."

It was awkward because I was currently in the locker room too and Stephen knew I was hearing their conversation.

"Yeah, I'll tell her that." Stephen simply grabbed his bag and left.

I looked at him from across the locker room and he was setting his ankle braces tight. I couldn't tell what he was thinking but he looked extra focused on doing good tonight.

Their last game with the Lakers was a nightmare to him so he might try and redeem himself in their game against the Pelicans.

"Your brother's one of the draft prospects for next year," Klay told me, getting my attention as we waited inside the locker room.

"Yeah, they're looking at him and Lonzo," I answered, causing some other guys to look at us.

Kevin had a curious look. "That Asher kid is your bro?"

I nodded and the guys reacted so mindblown.

When Asher reached high school, he became more mature both on and off the court. He played very well as a point guard for Oakland High and he was receiving so much attention that the NBA were already eyeing him for the 2017 Draft.

And I wouldn't deny, my brother glo'd the fūck up. He stood 6'4 tall, has a lean but muscular body, and as much as I hate to admit, he does have a pretty face. He even has a girlfriend now.

I knew he got that good genes from me.

"Who wanna bet Austin gonna be first pick?" Draymond joked.

I denied it. "He's not gonna be drafted this year. They're gonna make him attend UCLA. One-and-Done. You'll probably see him in the 18 draft."

Klay nodded but he displayed a little bit of disappointment. "I really wanted to see a matchup between him and Lonzo. Like how everyone hyped Ben and Ingram."

"Oh, yeah. Was about to say," Kevin added, agreeing with Klay on that.

"You should look forward for the 2018 Draft, then," I told him confidently. "Asher wants to be in the same draft class with LaMelo. They're very close and they both play like Curry."