iii. people change, feelings change

i update so fast gimme some love 😛

--

Arzaya

"What do you think you're doing?"

I swallowed the nervousness down my throat as I squirmed out of his strong grip. His eyes, that were once full of love and desire, was now replaced by nothing but pure hatred and disgust.

"Wardell, please let me go."

He snorted in disbelief, throwing my wrist as he released it. "Don't call me Wardell."

The way he showed this hostility—this kind of abhorrence, it was both scaring and hurting me in the worst possible way. I didn't expect that he would show this side of him which I've never seen before and I was really on the verge of tearing up.

"I don't really know what you're up to," he warned, words full of venom. "Now that I became the mvp, now that I got a ring, suddenly you wanna appear in my life again and think I'd be all up in you."

I couldn't stop the tears filling my eyes. "That's not true. I'm not here for that."

He simply snickered, averting his eyes and moving farther from me. The veins on his neck looked really visible as he contained his anger.

"Stephen, I..." I was going to lose it. "I know you're mad and you have every right to, I get that. I deserve it. All I'm asking is for you to leave it between us. I wanna be able to work my best and—"

"Now you're asking me a favor." He laughed in disgust. "You're really asking me a favor. Wow, Arzaya. You're easily the most selfish person out there."

How can I defend myself if he was this mad? No matter how much I try and get him to listen to me, I knew that he won't and he never will. The damage has been done and it definitely created an irreparable impact.

"In case you don't realize, I'm not the same Stephen you know," he said, voice almost breaking while he turned back at me. "And you're not the same Arzaya."

I was standing exactly just in front of him but it felt like there was a huge wall between us. It was a wall I could never break.

He took a step back, grabbing his stuff and preparing to leave.

"You're nobody to me now."

---

I wiped my eyes, realizing I completely zoned out at a space while I was stirring the coffee for almost fifteen minutes.

Shay flicked her fingers on my face. "Hey, daydreamer."

I let out a loud sigh, feeling low and sullen. I didn't even want to drink coffee; I don't know why I made one.

"I tried to warn you," she reminded, sitting at one of the stools as we stayed on the kitchen island. "Stephen's really... I don't know. He's been holding a grudge."

"I don't blame," I admitted.

Shay quickly agreed. "Yeah, you shouldn't."