xix. wardell's woes

i prepared something for the next chapter 👀

---

Stephen

Week 2

It was after when we finished our practice at the Suns home-court, some of the guys decided to stay around—including me.

I was working on my game, shooting my threes, improving my layups alone. The guys were at the sideline watching some shīt on Dray's phone and the fools were laughing.

I had just spend a few more minutes shooting before I do the interview.

"Have you guys finished your interview?" I asked as I shot another 3.

Klay looked confused. "Bro, Arzaya's not here."

Right.

I got used to seeing her after practice that I forgot she wasn't with us.

"Aye." I turned to the voice to see Devin coming around. He wasn't on practice attire. Just casual clothes. "Nice to see you guys around here!"

I lit up at the sight of him before we exchanged a manly hug. "How you been?"

It always felt nice to see someone from high school.

"All good. You know, dropping seventy like Kobe."

I grinned. "I saw that game, man. You improved a lot."

"New franchise player, what can I say?" he joked as he playfully acted like it was nothing.

Last time I saw him, he was asking Klay how to be consistent with his 3's. Right after he came out of Kentucky, he surprised everyone with his game. This man bringing pride.

"Yo, Dev!" Dray called from the sideline as he paused whatever they were watching on his phone. Probably porn.

They didn't even notice him come in until now.

"What you doing here?" Klay asked, greeting Devin as we walked towards them.

Devin nodded in a greeting manner at the other players, including KD. "I was on the way so I gotta check with my old folks here."

"Aye, we not old," Dray told him before looking back at his phone.

It annoyed me. "The fūck you niggas watching?"

He ignored me as he called Devin. "Dbook, you gotta watch this."

I decided to check on what it was too then I realized Draymond was replaying that home game against Timberwolves when I left the court suddenly.

Draymond started guffawing when it showed the moment I suddenly ran off the court and everyone was confused.

I sighed. My "runaway" moment earned a lot of memes, especially from Bleacher Report. Everyone was trolling me on Twitter about it.

"Look at that nigga Wiggins face," he spoke while laughing and kicking the floor.

I chest-passed a ball to him which hit his shoulder.