v. golden state of mind

so... how does the champagne taste guys? 😌🏆

 how does the champagne taste guys? 😌🏆

---

Arzaya

The boys got their second win last night, both of which were at home and I was able to broadcast and receive nice feedbacks from my boss.

I was pretty surprised when the boys were telling me how "popular" I've been these days. Honestly? That wasn't what I wanted. I didn't even realize that some NBA fans would be hyping me up like that, but as long as I was doing a great job then I guess it was alright.

The boys didn't have a game today, but Coach Kerr wanted to see them practice. So instead of training on the Warriors sports complex, today we were at the Oracle Arena so the players would be able to do their full-court drills and learn more fundamentals that could contribute to their team chemistry.

And as usual, I sat on the sideline trying to finish my daily reports on my laptop while the boys were on court playing man-to-man defense. Tomorrow was my day-off since the Warriors would be flying out for their first road game with the Lakers.

I didn't have to cover road games so I was partly happy that I would get to rest. Although I was still advised to watch the game's broadcast to keep myself updated.

I was excited for tomorrow though because it was my birthday and I was turning 25. Obviously I wouldn't be able to spend it with Jackson since he's out of the country, so I asked Shay if she could celebrate with me. And how could a best friend say no? She was even more excited about it as she suggested that we also go visit my family so she could say hi.

"Yo, I need a screen!" Stephen yelled as he dribbled the ball, waiting for one of his teammates to set a screen.

Klay was locking him down on defense even until KD came to give the screen. Stephen couldn't be open enough to make a three so he was forced to pull through with the pick-and-roll.

KD was able to make the basket, causing Steve Kerr to blow the whistle and ask them to reset another play.

I went back typing in my laptop again, adjusting the player stats to add in last night's game.

So far, in their last 4 games, Klay wasn't getting better in his offense and the same goes with Stephen. They weren't playing like how they used to last year and I learned that it was because they were really having a hard time adjusting to the rotation.

My phone started ringing from my bag and I reached for it, feeling a little nervous as soon as I saw the caller ID.

It was an overseas call.