i

Chapter one; Once upon a time

                                  +

Have you ever felt the feeling of betrayal??

Especially if you were betrayed by your best friend.

When you thought you had everything in life for it to be all taken away in a second.

The feeling of having no one by your side.

When you thought that everyone was laughing with you but later told that they were laughing at you.

This all happened to me.

It was the year 2011, summer break just ended.

I was walking to school with my best friend William.

He and I have been best friends since we were in diapers.

We entered school like any other normal day.

Except this day was soon going to change our friendship forever.

William had just recently tried out for a hockey team.

Hockey has been in William's blood for a very long time.

Will and I stopped at my locker to grab my textbook which I had forgotten the day before.

All of a sudden Will informs me with some unfortunate news.

"My family and I are moving to Sweden"

Those 8 words are what ruined our friendship.

We both promised to keep in contact but with the time difference and our busy schedules, we just never had the time to talk.

Who knew two best friends that have been inseparable ever since little kids can ever grow apart.

This is what happened to Will and I.

6 years later I have never talked to him once since the day he left.

I always wondered how he was doing.

I heard he was doing great in Sweden with his hockey career.

Lots of things can happen in those six years.

My parents divorced and I was forced to move to Toronto since my dad didn't want anything to do with my mom and I.

I attended high school here and met my new best friend Mitch Marner.

I also made another friend with the girl next door, her name was Steph Lachance.

Who knew that 2 years after we all met that Steph and Mitch would be going out.

Became a big surprise to me.

I'm living a happy life here in Toronto, attending University at the mean time.

It wasn't until I watched the 2014 NHL draft where my world turned upside down.

"Toronto Maple Leafs select William Nylander"

William was coming to Toronto.

I was hoping that I wouldn't have to face him at all but it all changed when Mitch also got drafted to the Toronto Maple Leafs.

I knew Mitch and William were going to be best friends considering they are playing on the same team.

I told Mitch and Steph about my history with Will and they completely understand why I never want to see him in my life again.

There was a secret that I never told William that I had a crush on him.

Found out about that when we were playing Mario Kart on the Wii a couple of months before he left.

Will has told many people that he didn't have any romantic feelings for me.

Every time he told someone that, it broke my heart.

I've tried going on multiple of dates with boys that Steph and Mitch set me up with but i know it would never work.

They all weren't a perfect match for me.

There is only one perfect match for me that just so happens to be William.

But I know that it will never happen.

At this point William probably doesn't remember me at all and that hurts.

All i've been thinking about is our friendship while he has been thinking about his hockey career.

To him i'm just the girl that he lost along the way.