Out of My Mind

GIF on the side >>>

Stiles' P.O.V.

When I walked into English class the next day, I realized that both Scott and Valerie were gone.  Neither of them were by my side, like they had been seconds ago.

I walked over to my seat, but a girl with red hair was sitting in my place, staring up at the board.

"Um, I think you're in my seat..." I said, hoping she would get the hint and move. She didn't say anything. Instead she started making weird hand motions, like sign language, which of course I didn't know. But it was something about the placement of the hands that didn't seem right.

"Uh, sorry, I don't know sign language.... I, uh, I'll sit over here." I walked away nervously and sat in a desk down a couple of chairs down. I reached into my bag and pulled out my history book. I flipped a couple of pages before I noticed an eery feeling in the room. Everyone looked straight forward, there was an odd silence in the room. I looked up at Coach, his expression was blank.

"Um, Coach? Uh, I thought I was in the wrong class, I uh...."

I trailed off just as he began to mimic the exact hand movements as the girl. I thought it couldn't possibly get any stranger until I turned to see every eye in the class glued on me as the hands of my classmates began to move there hands in a repeating pattern.

"Um, I uh, I think I should head out." I slung my bag over my shoulder and shuffled in the direction of the door, and everyone's heads turned to my direction in sync. This definently wasn't normal. I heard whispering and a high-pitched, excruciating noise.

Stiles door mind close ajar Stiles help

The whispers grew louder and louder, I couldn't take it. I was about ready to open my mouth to let out a scream when the noise grew louder, and my head snapped up to face an angry Coach.

"Stilinski!!!!" he screamed.

"Uh, yes?" I asked. Every eye in the room was focused on me.

"I asked you a question." he snapped, clearly annoyed. But he was Coach, after all. He was always screaming about something.

"What's the question?"

"The question is, are you paying attention?!" I cleared my throat.

"Well.... I am now..." I said. Coach glared at me.

"Don't remind me why I drink. Every night..." he mumbled. I felt eyes burning into the back of my bed and turned around to see Scott and Valerie with shocked expressions etched on their faces.

"Stiles..." Valerie whispered.

"I'm fine. I just fell asleep." Scott stared at me wide eyed.

"Dude, you weren't asleep." He pointed to my notebook. I looked down and saw the same words written in my notebook: wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up. My heart dropped into my stomach, my blood reduced to ice. Oh my God. I am going crazy.

••••••••••••••

Valerie's P.O.V.

"And it just felt so real..." Stiles said as he rambled on and on about what had happened earlier in class, recounting every little detail, though I was sure it was nothing.

"Have you been getting enough sleep?" I asked.

"Um, well..."

"You haven't been sleeping have you, Stiles?"

"No, okay? I haven't been sleeping.  Because of the constant nightmares that keep plaguing my dreams."

"We could take you to Deaton," Scott suggested.

"Um, yeah.  Okay."

"Who's Deaton?" I wondered stupidly.

"Scott's boss.  He's been helping us out with this supernatural junk for a while."

"Well, if we're going, we'd better go now, it's a free period."

We all hopped in Stiles' old Jeep, Stiles manning the steering wheel, Scott occupying the passenger seat, so I slid into the back.  The drive there was silent, but not exactly awkward in any way. 

It turned out that Scott's boss was a vetirinarian.  I envied him, I had always wanted a job in that field.

"Hey, Doc," Scott greeted the man.  Deaton was a man with dark skin, a bald head, and a goatee.  

"Hello, Scott.  And who might this be?" He smiled in my direction.

"Our shapeshifter friend, Valerie," Stiles said with a wink and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, I'm just here to help in any way I can."

"Excellent.  Now, tell me- Are you feeling anything?"

"Like you said, yes."

Stiles explained the odd scenario that had happened earlier today, panic clear on his face.

"Do you remember the hand motions?" Deaton asked.

"Um, yes.  It was sort of like this-" Stiles' hand flipped this way and that, in attempt to mimick the hand motions he had supposedly seen in the dream.

"It looks like your mind is trying to tell you something.  When is a door not a door?" I frowned and glanced at Stiles.

"When is a door not a door?" he repeated.

"When it's ajar," Scott murmured.

"Yes.  A door is open, Stiles."

"A door... In our minds." He swallowed hard, his face turning chalk white.

"And I know this- Having an entrance in your mind like that... It's not good.  You need to close that door.  And you need to do it as soon as possible."

"And if we don't?"

"It will draw them here.  Like a beacon.  You've given power back to the Nemeton."