Fighting Back

Valerie's P.O.V.

Emptiness filled my chest, a dark void of nothingness. I wanted so much to let the tears just fall from my eyes, but I was too numb to cry. Allison is dead. Allison, my best friend, is gone from my life. I tried to drown the world out, but I can't focus on anything other than Allison. My life had come to a sharp halt.

I leaned my head on Stiles' shoulder as we were handed cups of tea by Kira's mother. We were told to come here, because Stiles wasn't safe.

"Drink this. It'll calm you," she informed us as she slid cups of tea across the table.

"What is it?"

"Tea...."

"What, like magic tea?" I covered my mouth to stifle a giggle. I really shouldn't have been laughing, but with Stiles, sometimes it can't be helped, despite everything that has happened.

"No, chamamile tea. Drink it." A forcing smile appeared on her face. Stiles nodded weakly and gripped the cup with a shaky hand.

"Everything okay?" I asked him.

"I just....I have the feeling that we're running out of time." He was right. I kind of had that feeling too. This gut-wrenching feeling that crushed you under its weight.

"You know, Val," he said as he rubbed my forearm with his thumb,"this whole 'dying' thing's got me thinking.... Like, if he dies, then do I die? It's like he's a part of me now."

"Stiles, please don't say that..." I urged him. "Please... I won't let him take you, okay? It's not an option."

He stood up suddenly and held onto the coffee table for support.

"I need Scott."

"What?" I asked, suprised by his urgency.

"Please, help me find him." I looked over at Kira's mother, who nodded.

"Go. The Nogitsune has made his move, Stiles. It's time to make yours." she explained. I looked over at Stiles, who hooked his hand around my arm and pulled me up.

"Thank you, Noshiko," I smiled and thanked her for the tea.

"I think Scott's at the animal clinic." I informed Stiles.

"No, no, tell him to meet us at the school." The school?

"Why?"

"I have a feeling." I nodded with a confused look, understanding. I pulled out my phone and sent a text to Scott.

I put my arm around his back to support him and led him out to the car.

Stiles put a hand to his forehead and closed his eyes. I frowned and started the car, driving fast because I was certain we were running out of time. Stiles seemed to be growing weaker. I pulled into the parking lot quickly next to Scott, who was waiting by his motorcycle with Kira. Stiles opened the door and stumbled out of the car. He grabbed on a bar for support and slouched over the edge. I ran to his side quickly and hooked my arm around him. We led Scott and Kira to the front doors and Stiles suddenly stopped.

"Guys, you know if he dies, then I might die with him. But I don't care, as long as nobody else gets hurt because of me.

"Stiles, we're doing this to save you, and that's the plan we're going with." Scott told him and put his hand hand on Stiles' shoulder. Stiles nodded and took a deep breath. I pushed the doors open and stepped inside. We had been transported into a different world. Small snowflakes danced around us, settling into my hair. It looked like we were in some sort of old garden. A frozen fountain sat in the center. We turned around, trying to figure out how we found ourselves here. Faintly, I could hear the soft tinkling of bells.

"What the hell....." I whispered, and then I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"Like I promised, Stiles....We're going to kill them all.....One by one!"